January Art chat thread

good afternoon artist friends.
Today I have another of the hand painted quirky bird cards

1 Like

This is a gift I painted for an old friend who’s rugby mad, happy to advise he loved it…

1 Like

Graham that is fab…lovely sky…(What happened to the players…off to the pub no doubt)
I have been painting some flowers this evening…trying to perfect how to do them…not something I am very good at, so I keep trying …here is one…complete with obligatory glitter.

2 Likes

Am loving these birds Brenda - they are very whimsical! You have so many different styles - I’m sure you never get bored! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t have time to get bored…and I would go bonkers if I sat doing nothing…my time is limited though as I am carer for hubby…so I paint when I can
Today my listing is an aceo water colour
https://folksy.com/items/6952050-aceo-art-painting-miniature-watercolour-original-ref-848-

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear your husband needs care- I imagine painting is great relaxation for you then. My son has been ill and at home for the last two years and I know my hours counting crochet stitches are my best diversion!

1 Like

Hello everyone, some lovely artwork you have! Thanks to Brenda for reaching out. I am brand new on Folksy, I am an artist who loves to create fantasy paintings. I would love to hear your feedback anytime on my work. I hopefully have successfully attached some images of my work…Happy Sunday, Jennifer Hadfield Art

Best wishes, Jennifer

2 Likes

A couple of recent ‘Slate’ pictures of critters now delivered to customers.

J.

1 Like

These a lovely AilsaArts . Will you be putting some in your shop? :slight_smile:

Hi Chris…
…thanks for your kind interest in our hand-painted slate designs.
Yes, we hope to get some more new designs into our Folksy shop soon, but in the meantime, please view our website - ailsa-arts.co.uk to see our wide range of hand created products should you wish to enquire about a specific design, please contact us through our e-mail.
Thanks again, J.

1 Like

wow, some fantastic work on here…welcome to anyone new and welcome back Jennifer…Love your work, it is my kind of art…I have favrourited both shops.
Today I listed a card, so not art but I will hopefully be back later with an art listing.
Keep them coming folks…

Just listed this aceo
https://folksy.com/items/6953085-aceo-watercolour-landscape-original-ref-

1 Like

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a nice time over the Christmas/New year period.
There are so many posts here already- it’s good to see evryone getting back into it already
January is usually a bit of a difficult month for me Artwise- but last year was so positive in terms of sales/platforms that I was really excited to get back into it.

I spent about a week sorting out my studio, chucking out loads of hoarded clutter etc. Under my desks where so full of junk that I couldn’t even sit and put my legs under the table, so I fixed that because my back was really suffering after studio sessions. Anyway, it’s nice and organised now and I had my first proper day of painting/drawing this year.

Here’s my first finished piece :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, just popped by to share my good news, I made my first sale today, yay!

Thanks for your support, especially you Brenda, you’ve been very encouraging, cheers!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first sale, what a great way to start your Folksy year :grinning:

2 Likes

Well done Graham that is great news and well deserved…onwards and upwards for more now then…
today I have painted 6 aceos (Graham, if you don’t know, these are miniature paintings that must measures 2.5" x 3.5")…they will all get listed one at a time…
here is a sample aceo that I did a few days ago…this picture makes it look a bit distorted and the painting itself is only a fraction of that size…lol

2 Likes

That’s really lovely Brenda. Very dainty <3 As always it reminds me of beautiful Disney Artwork.
I think Walt would have hired you for landscape backgrounds :smiley:

Here are some of my recent pieces.
This Merm’ was a bit of fun, but I like her.

Hello everyone…I do hope you’re having a lovely week…I wanted to share my latest piece, I really did get lost in my won little world painting this! Some beautiful artworks on this chat/tread…Folksy really is a nifty little place :smile: Have a lovely evening, Jennifer

Great work Jennifer and Lowri…
not looking forward to any bad weather today…we live high up and driving can be dangerous…right now it is raining, so hopefully the roads will stay wet enough for any white stuff to melt on contact…
Today I have listed a mixed media floral aceo…

1 Like

just relisted this 8x6 watercolour

2 Likes