Cooksons are having an Argentium silver promotion and touting the usual things about it:
- It doesn’t tarnish as easily as sterling;
- It doesn’t firescale as easily;
- It’s whiter;
- It’s environmentally friendly as it doesn’t require as much post processing and it is made of recycled silver.
- It is less allergenic than sterling because it does not contain as much copper.
- It is extortionately expensive;
And also, two things I found out via Wikipedia and the Encyclopedia Britannica
Germanium comes from the burning of coal, the most polluting of all the fossil fuels-which mitigates against 4 above.
Nobody knows what the level of toxicity is for Germanium. (Yep-there has been NO research). Which mitigates against 5 above.
Is anybody using it and what are their experiences? Is it the future?