July Art Thread

Here’s a quickish pen and ink sketch of where I live.
Loving having a dip pen again - and as this is only the 2nd sketch I’ve done since taking up my art again (Nov 2020), I’m pretty pleased. Advantage of being older, I create to please me… It’s so freeing!

5 Likes

Loving playing with my inks

3 Likes

Love your sketch @Bythecrookofmyhook and your ink work @Thursdaychildcards.
A new one from me, a small landscape inspired by a spring afternoon walk near my home.

4 Likes

continuing for now with my hand painted cards

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
I love the shadows on this landscape

1 Like

This is another canvas I’ve tried. It’s an abstract, with the name “Is there light at the end of the tunnel?”

I’ve used a mix of brushes and palette knives to represent the struggles we’ve all been through between March 2020 and March this year (which is when I’ve painted it).

It’s a dark canvas because the twelve months I have represented have been hard for everyone. The darker spots, made with a palette knife to give a “scratched” and painful effect, are the three major lockdowns we’ve been through while the slightly lighter spots are the periods where things seemed to go better. The lightest and brightest spot is the light at the end of the tunnel, the one we were (and I think, still are) so desperate to see.

It’s not on sale in the shop, but if anyone is interested, I’m happy to give more details and sell it.

2 Likes

beautiful work everyone
today I have another of my floral cards

2 Likes

I’ve opened my shop again so here is today’s listing

3 Likes

today I have another hand painted floral card

2 Likes

A new one from me

2 Likes

another watercolour card from me today…and come on you artists, please keep this thread going…every time I come on here I get a message telling me that I am hogging the thread but if I don’t the thread will close again…

2 Likes

One of my acrylic paintings

4 Likes

beautiful work Pam x

1 Like

Beautiful sunset Pam! @PamelaWestArt

I love your flowers and butterflies Brenda! @teabreaks

1 Like

A reminder of autumn

4 Likes

a before and after picture today

4 Likes

A Stag in Snow, watercolour.
Is it Christmas yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

@GKWatercolourArt Beautiful! It’d work great as a Christmas card too.

3 Likes

Next month is my last month on Folksy, I’m letting my shop run down, I’m not planning to do any new items for the foreseeable. :heart:

2 Likes

My latest painting Cats in the meadow, An Acrylic painting by Pam... - Folksy

4 Likes