Just did my first craft fair

And it went really well! Luckily for me, I did it at a fair put on by a charity I used to volunteer with so didnt have to pay any table fee but I made more than I expected to, and considering the footfall wasnt that huge I am very happy.

I have avoided craft fairs so far, mainly because I dont have a car, but I am glad I have done one. I think I might try and do a few more now.

5 Likes

Well done Claire! It’s a lovely sunny day today so that might have enticed people out too.

1 Like

well done :smile:

1 Like

Well done. Quite a few people don’t sell anything on their first fair and you have done better than expected.
Best of luck for the next ones!

1 Like

Well done Claire. I have my first one of the year in July which I’ve never done before so I’m hoping its going to be a good one.

Pauline

1 Like

I sold about ten pieces, and some supplies too, so very happy for a first go!

Good luck, Pauline. I was a little nervous but it helped having my friend there to help me who has done lots before.

Well done! Glad it went well for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Claire. I have done lots of other fairs its just this is the first at this venue. I’m a little bit optomistic because I usually do fairs later in the year.

Pauline

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

**Well done, I did my first one over a week ago didnt make much but just loved the experience. **

1 Like

Well done to you. Its a great feeling when people like your work enough to buy it.
i sol well at fairs around Xmas but i went to one in April and took £2. I think il stick to Xmas fairs.

1 Like

Well done! its very uplifting when your work sells.

1 Like

well done it gives you a little lift doesnt it.
I stopped doing that sort of thing and I do miss them sometimes I liked the feed back from the customers and seeing them face to face and some of the places had a great atmosphere

1 Like

I’m doing my 2nd one at the end of the month in Altrincham. I’ll be happy if I sell anything this time. I’m in a good frame of mind about it though, gives me chance to settle my nerves and learn in time for xmas. My business cards are ready to spread the word :smile:

1 Like

I am so pleased it went well for you. The first public sale is always really daunting. It is great experience for future sales too. Well done!

Jacqueline x

1 Like