LEGOs Copyright

Okay let’s not have this thread go off topic. Purely information for sellers.

Lego do not object to anyone using Lego parts to make into items to sale.

But you are not allowed to use the word ‘Lego’ in the description, title or tags. Plastic bricks or plastic figures etc is the suggested alternative.

5 Likes

Thank you for getting clarification on what Lego’s stance is about this.
(guessing you emailed Lego about this and wondering if it’s worth forwarding their email to admin so they can make a post about it in the FB Clubhouse to encourage those who use Lego to update their listings to the correct wording)

3 Likes

Not an email but rang someone who works there. It is however under their copyright rules on the website as well.

2 Likes

Let’s hope that Folksy add Lego to this list :
https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/58120-copyright-and-trademarks

PS not off topic but an ‘aside’…Caroline do you know anyone at VW as they could well be interested in the number of listings with VW in the title and their strictly copyrighted logo in the pictures :slight_smile:

I will check my little black book Joy, not sure but did cover Germany with you know who! Quite a few contacts in the Nordic countries. Do have family in Germany though so you never know.

1 Like

I just read the Folksy notice that Joy linked, I think it would be a really good idea if, as a new seller signs up they were directed to read such information before agreeing to any terms and conditions of joining Folksy.
I think perhaps if it was shoved under noses :laughing: ( in
a polite way obviously) it might stop sellers listing items that shouldn’t be listed. Also, if a shop was sued Folksy would be fully protected as that seller has ticked a box to say they have read and agreed with those terms. Caroline…apologies if this has taken it off topic at all.

2 Likes

I think it would be helpful for those terms and conditions to be dated to last update.

2 Likes

I think that is a brilliant idea Debby. Does not need to be long, the shorter the better then would get read. Listing all the copyright companies.

1 Like

Reported to VW uk by me on Thursday. Ive told folksy admin out of courtesy.

2 Likes