Little design competition for children

Not sure it it is the right forum, feel free to move this post somewhere else.
Anyway, on my FB page a have a little competition for children. If a child design a patchwork placemat and then this design will get the most likes I will make a placemat for this child according to his/her design.
If you know kids that would be interested please tell them about it. all info is pinned to the top:

xx
Magdalena

That’s a nice idea - I hope you get lots of interest!

Not sure this is such a good idea. I only now have grandchildren but though I use Facebook extensively I certainly wouldn’t encourage or even allow any small child to use Facebook or any social media site…

I had presumed the children wouldn’t be viewing this themselves but that parents would talk to them about the competition and do all the communication with the FB page.

1 Like

Off course I didn’t wan children to venture on FB, not unless they are old enough and their parents allowed them to have an account. My children don’t.
As much as I want it to be fun for the kids it is also a marketing tool for me. I assumed that if a child project is posted all family and friends would be visiting the page and liking his/her design. And this would increase traffic on my page.
And as i feel confident in my craftsmanship I know that whoever wins and get his/hers own placemat will be happy :smile:
This was also the reason I posted it here in a shop talk, we often talk about how to increase traffic and how to get people just visit our pages or shops.
It was a great excuse to talk about what I do at a craft fair, when people heard that I talk about something that is free they relaxed, stayed at my stall and talked about my quilts, and it was my most successful fair so far :smile:
xx
Magdalena