Lots of welsh

Hiya im new here so go easy on me i break easily :rofl:
As im looking through the shops and various posts its just occured to me that theres a heck of a lot of people from wales on here shwmae!
Im in pembrokeshire myself but it does confirm to me that the welsh are a crafty lot :rofl:

6 Likes

Hi yes we’re from Wales living in a little village just outside Usk in Monmouthshire. I’ve only been on Folksy since last March and the people here are so incredibly supportive and helpful. Good luck with your shop. Welcome to Folksy! :wales:

2 Likes

Thanks hilary
I usually sell through craft fairs and facebook hopefully folksy will work for me time will tell .
Love monmouthshire beautiful area

2 Likes

I’ve not had the confidence to do a craft fair as yet, I building up to it! Folksy is a great platform but you do have to market yourself through social media, it’s the main way to get sales. As you already have a good FB following you should be fine. We went to Pembrokeshire for a break last year, it was awesome!

2 Likes

Your cards etc are great youd have no problem at a craft fair try it its fun !

3 Likes

I am in Port Talbot and sit in my lounge looking out to sea…fabulous…
I am an oldie at 77 and have spent my life making and selling. Did hundreds of craft fairs ( loved doing them Hilary)…made loads of friends and had lots of laughs along the way.
Interestingly my favourite colour is purple…is there any other colour?
Welcome to the gang Brett.
Sor far by joining the challenge thread you are on the right road to success…it is hard work but we have a lot of fun.
I also run the naughty step on the challenge thread, so if you are naughty you have to join me there for cake and drinks…ha ha…We have other “blokes” who are on the challenge thread. But I am sure you will be happy with all the ladies…
Waving along the M4 ish…

4 Likes

Hi Brett. We’re practically neighbours as I live in Keeston! I’m not Welsh myself just kind of adopted Wales as a lovely place to live. Welcome to Folksy and I wish you lots of success, you have some really gorgeous pieces in your shop. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve noticed lots of Welsh sellers on Folksy - I’m just over the border in Leominster, Herefordshire but it is the Welsh Marches and I do love Wales it’s such a beautiful friendly place. I think you are right about the Welsh having crafting in the blood - all those wonderful welsh blankets and wooden carvings and as for poetry and singing - simply magnificent.

3 Likes

Im not welsh myself , well only 1/4 welsh thats enough innit . love your items had a quick flick through.
i know keeston i have some good friends who live there

3 Likes

a naughty step with cake hmmm im failing to see the deterrant

2 Likes

there is no deterrent…and I am only half Welsh, so I can commiserate while we eat Welsh cakes…lol

2 Likes

Hello,
I recently started adding my photographic fine art prints to Folksy. I am in Ceredigion. And yes, we are a crafty lot!

2 Likes

welcome Sarah @sarahcookphotography xx

3 Likes

ahhh love it up there mwnts my fav place

3 Likes

Hi Sarah and welcome to Folksy

3 Likes

Another Welsh one here, from Cwmbran, though I’ve been living in St Helens now for a long time, still you can’t lose your Welshness can you :wink:

3 Likes

Hello, Welcome. This a very friendly place, and everyone are so helpful. I live in West Cross, Mumbles in Swansea. Good luck, hope you do well. x

2 Likes

welcome to anyone here in Wales…let’s all have a Welsh cake x

1 Like

Bora da as they say

1 Like

diolch… Brett and every other person here in Wales x

1 Like