Making Sales

Hi how do you do with your Sales. I work full time so I can only do my sewing on a weekend or evenings

1 Like

Not good at the mo (but then I did have a two/three month break), but I’m optimistic :smile:

Elaine

Ooh, I’ve just popped over to have a look at your shop - love the Cath Kidson fabric you have for sale - adorable.

1 Like

I only joined folksy a few days ago, so far nothing. I do more through Facebook, those sales tend to be friends of friends. I’m hoping to get a sale/sales but unsure…I need to add more items to my shop x

1 Like

I have only very recently revamped my Folksy shop. When I first opened it just before Christmas, it was somewhat haphazard and I didn’t devote the time to promoting it, so I am starting out all over again. Already I am enjoying being part of this Folksy community, so here’s hoping.

2 Likes

Boy, things are beyond quiet at the moment! Only one sale in this last month.

I’ve been on Folksy for a while. Main sales period is Sept-Dec. Sometimes get sales in the Jan if you have a sale in your shop. Summer is always terrible for sales…It’s because we sell luxury items, and the main market for those is Christmas.

So get making, and wait for Sept!

4 Likes

I’ve looked at your shops, there’s some beautiful items, but you need to stock up (except @ChasingtheCrayon, you are well stocked!). There are hundreds of shops selling thousands of products, that’s what you are competing with…

2 Likes

Hi there,
I also have a facebook page, and have been with Folksy just over a month. I have had 1 sale. Please can you let me know how you sell through facebook, as I thought the page was only used for promotion.

Thanks,
Esterina xx

Hello,

Well I ensure my items are priced, and let people know that they can order items off me if they send me a message. As long as you have a PayPal account, you can invoice them for payment if you have their email address. You must ensure your descriptions are accurate and cover your t & c"s though. X

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks very much for your help. x

every time I list something on Folksy I link it to facebook and type…this painting is now available in my folksy shop…
Sometimes it takes a while to get sales and right now it is very quiet but it does ebb and flow throughout the year…keep listing and better to list one item now and another later in the day…that gets you on the home page on two separate occasions, whereas listing a lot all in one go means you are seen quickly and then gone !!

1 Like