Missing item

My regular postie will if I’m not in sign for me and will open my porch door and place the parcel in a hiddie place. Then close my porch door. No one can see any thing from the pavement.

But he did ask me first if I was willing for him to do that.

I recently had a package of 5 cards go missing… there was nothing I could do except refund the customer about £16. Very frustrating… I put it down to Christmas postal chaos. I’m just glad that’s the first time it’s happened, but it’s typical that it was one of my largest ever orders! Bad luck… I empathise.

In over three years I have had two items go ‘‘missing’’ with Royal Mail.
Each time I refunded after 10 days, only to have both items returned a week or so later from the buyer’s local sorting office.

On both occasions the reason the sorting office gave was that the item was too big to fit through the letterbox, a card was left…and the customer never picked up!

Sarah x

But didn’t you wait before refunding as 10 working days (excluding sundays) an item is not considered lost by the Royal Mail.

No - I know the time scales with Royal Mail, but for me 10 working days on domestic mail items sits better with me than making a customer wait any longer for an item.

Each shop is different, but that is the policy I work with,

Sarah x

1 Like