My ear worm

I could cry- it’s Agadoo by Black Lace !!! all because of that Walker’s crisp advert .

Anyone else got a song on a loop going around in their head?

3 Likes

Oh I do do do…
I didnt
But now I do,do
Suzzie x

2 Likes

I’ve had The Communards- Don’t leave me this way going around for a few weeks.
There’s a scene in my favourite comedy, The League of Gentlemen where two of the characters are in a gender bender party, one dressed as Charlie Chaplin and the other as Little Bo Peep- that song is on in the background. So, once that song kicks in in my mind, the image of them dancing creeps in.

Great song though.

2 Likes

I’ve had Billy Joel, River of Dreams stuck in my head for a while now. I find myself singing it and dancing along whilst working lol

Both of those are better than agaaaa…… argghhh!!! :smile:

I’ve put a bit of Florence on that’ll sort 'em.

1 Like

i’ve read that chewing gum gets rid of ear worms … ?!

I have Levels by Nick Jonas - quite like the song but made the mistake of looking up the video - ahhh now I have the visuals when ever I sing it.
Off to get chewing gum.

Agadoo would drive me mad.

1 Like

“Everything is Awesome. Everything is cool when your part of a team. Everything is awesome when your living for the dream…”

“No way. This is MY jam.”

“This is also my jam.”

etc, etc, etc.

Never have kids…

Love Sam x

4 Likes

Everything is indeed awesome (funny how it was less awesome when I were a young girl)

Anyway, earworm has now moved on to How big, how blue, how beaut-e- fullllllll’ :innocent:

1 Like

it is apparently a very common thing!!!
For YEARS now I have always had songs going round in my head…even if I wake in the night, there is a song…Even more annoying is how I speed it up to get to the end, only to find it starts again…LOL…

4 Likes

I have been know to have the theme tune to Balamory going round my head in the wee small hours.

3 Likes

Oh no, Billy Joel has been replaced by Baaaalamory, what’s the story in Balamory…:expressionless:
Must get onto youtube and listen to something else, quickly lol

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I thought it was just me (big sigh of relief).

Elaine

Well I now have “Everything is awesome” stuck in my head thanks to @SamanthaStanley!! :smile: I only have to hear this song to get it stuck in my head for days at a time!

1 Like

I have lots of tunes going around my head now lol… Thanks guys :grin:

1 Like

I nearly always have a song in my head, usually something I really like, but now I have Agadoo & Balamory! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Interestingly Tchaikovsky couldn’t get his own tunes out of his head. I have a biography which states that as a child his sleep was often completely disturbed because of the music in his head.

Love Sam x

It’s really annoying to get a song stuck in your head. I always get the kids songs off the telly stuck in my head or like at the moment
I have gangland style (think I spelt that wrong)
Awwwww it’s on repeat

The last few days it’s been ‘I dreamed a dream’ from Les Miserables, it’s being used in a TV advert at the moment but I had the pleasure of hearing my daughter sing it at a choir concert a couple of years ago and that’s the version that’s going around my head :joy:

1 Like

Haha Brenda @teabreaks i do that try to speed through it, doesnt work though lol
mine at the moment is
Lets go round again
baby well turn back the hands of time
Lets go round again
One more time
One more time
Average White Band
Not sure what i’m going to be going around but i always think the song that sticks in your head is trying to tell you something.