New Royal Mail strikes announced

The additional strike dates for December have been announced as 9, 11, 14, 15, 23 and 24 December (in addition to the strike day around black friday and cyber monday). Time to start planning last posting dates for your shops and putting the info in your shop announcement.
Royal Mail staff to strike on six more days in run-up to Christmas - BBC News

14 Likes

Thanks for letting us know :blush: that’s going to really push forward the last posting dates :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for the update Sasha :blush:

1 Like

Shocking!! That’s a terrible idea and timing as we are leading up to Xmas! Most businesses are looking forward to that period for increased sales (especially after three lockdowns and encouragement to work from home and sell online!).

4 Likes

Yup the CWU is rather shooting themselves in the foot over this. Royal Mail have already said they may need to make redundancies because of the business they have lost to other delivery companies over this. And the small businesses that rely on RM’s services are the ones who are suffering most as customers go else where rather than risk orders not getting to them on time.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Sasha, I will definitely be closing early for Christmas.

1 Like

Thank you Sasha for the update - I think I will amend my shop announcement to stress ‘shop early to avoid disappointment’.

2 Likes

That’s why they’re doing it. The planned dates deliberately disrupt the main Christmas online shopping period. I guess their hope is that businesses will put pressure on Royal Mail to up salaries, etc., but they’re going about it the wrong way.

Agree 100%. The wrong way to go about it.

1 Like