New shop advice needed please

Hi Everyone,

I’m really hoping that you may be able to give me some advice. I opened my Folksy shop, Crochet Cubs, at the beginning of the year and I am yet to have that first sale. Plus I’ve also noticed that within the last two weeks my views have also started to decrease. Please would you be able to have a little look at my shop and give any feedback or suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance for your help :smiley:
Sam

I can’t see that you’re doing anything wrong, at all. Sometimes it just takes months and months to make a sale. I think I was well over a year. Perhaps it’s simply timing, and most winter woolly purchases are perhaps made before Christmas?

From my point of view, I would say that the colour palette in your shop is very “winter” and, as we’re now moving into Spring, perhaps some of the same items like the baby hats in a softer palette would kick start you?

Do you promote via social medial? There’s loads of info on the Folksy blog about how to do it effectively if you don’t. For the sake of transparency, I’m personally not a social media promoter, but I know a lot of sellers who find it very useful and rewarding.

Try to use all 15 of your tags.

Other than that, add more to your shop as there’s not much to choose from at the moment.

I see you have your Instagram and Facebook page linked to your shop - that’s great. Just work on gaining more followers and interaction.

Keep plugging away - your first sale will come.

Edit: and make yourself known around the forum. Everyone is so friendly. You may want to show your items on this thread

You could get a banner done for your shop with more pics of your items, like the one you’ve got on facebook. That would make your shop look even fuller and you could put items on that you’ve sold in the past so they’re there for people to enquire about if they like the look of any of them. It’s like a bit of free advertising :wink: You can add the banner in the Shop Appearance section in your dahsboard. Just make a montage pic and crop it to 978 pixels wide x 200 pixels tall which is the perfect size :slight_smile:

You could also take a look at British Crafters on Facebook, the lovely Dottie will assist you in getting your shop noticed, take a look at How the Page Works on the right and it’ll explain everything, hopefully. If not, you can always ask Dottie direct :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my shop :smiley: Your idea to start introducing spring colours and items into my shop is great and I will definitely make a start planning some spring/summer projects.
I have started to use Facebook and Instagram which is linked to my shop and try to keep a steady stream of posts. Thanks again for your suggestions :smiley:

Thank you so much for having a look at my shop and for your suggestions! I will keep plugging away and adding new items, fingers crossed for that first sale soon :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Jo Sara for taking the time to look at my shop and for your suggestions :smiley: great idea about a banner, I love montage pics just need to learn to crop it to the right size!
I have had a little look at British Crafters on Facebook and will definitely try to increase interaction with this page and folksy forums too! Thanks again for your advice :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @JoSara for the BC recommend. Will look out for you over there @CrochetCubs We can definitely help get people to your shop which is often half the battle!