New shop - Feedback welcome

Hi all I am new to Folksy and I’m just exploring these very helpful forums. I would really welcome your feedback about my shop. I’ve been on Folksy about a month or so but only had 2 sales so far (one to a friend) I’m used to selling online so I understand meta tags, photography etc and I’ve read the various helpful tips and blogs on Folksy. I appreciate it takes a while to get things going but shop traffic seems to be very slow so I wonder if I’m missing something?

Here is the link to my shop https://folksy.com/shops/Pawprintpottery I’m on Facebook & Instagram too

Be brutally honest I can take it! :wink:

1 Like

Good Morning and welcome to Folksy. I love your pottery creations and the photographs display your products well.

It took me a while to make my first sale when I reopened my shop but closed my own website earlier this year as got too expensive. One thing I do is join in the daily listing challenge, does not have to be a newly made item. Like and pin all the other creations that have been added to the same post daily. Have found my numbers of sales has increased a lot. add your items to you FB page, Tweet etc. Once you get into the flow does not take long each day but so worth it.

https://talk.folksy.com/t/folksy-365-october-2019-daily-listing-challenge-thread-please-see-the-first-post-for-joining-info/18787/1011

1 Like

That’s really useful information thank you

That shop of yours is really great ,you will gradually pick up more customers with your great products,have faith in your abilities and patience to follow through…I am sure you will get great advice from other members here on folksy…stay bright…tj

1 Like

Thank you so much

Hello Pawprintpottery! Lovely to meet you and welcome to folksy! I’m a newbie to here so will happily check out your shop to. Here’s some of my thoughts below :smiley: I hope they’re wheekly helpful!

• Images are awesome but the thumbnail cuts them off and so it might be worth playing with size so that its more easily distinguishable what you item is and its qualities.
  • Your about section would like benefit from a photo of your lovely self adding details to your pottery / glazing them etc which is more intruiging because they get to know abit more about the person behind it all and who they’re supporting .
  • Your shop cover image is a close up of your pottery glaze amazing but maybe more cleverly use this space to maybe do the following : promote new ranges - promote your social media handles or main website shop - tell a story etc

Hope this helps! Lots of hugs Katie and pigs x

That is incredibly useful feedback thank you so much

you’re welcome! maybe talk about why you called it paw print pottery to … it might be confusing as people might assume you do pet themed pottery pieces and so if you have a story behind your brand name be sure to tell it x Katie

I like your thinking​:+1::wink:

I’ve just updated the about me section see what you think to this, below

So why the name Paw Print Pottery? It was after my cat Izzy, who I rescued from the streets at 6 weeks old and who went on to have a wonderful life for the next 20 years. Cats in need always seem to find me and Oliver, a huge loving Maine Coon, full of character and boundless energy came to live with us. He was curious about everything and used to love watching me at the pottery wheel staring intently at the clay as it went round and round whilst trying to bat it with his paw. Harvey is our current rescue, a tuxedo cat, who we found on the streets in dreadful condition and through lots of patience and tender loving care has become a loving, healthy and playful part of our family.

When I rediscovered my childhood passion for making pottery in in 2016 as a way to improve my health (I have several disabilities) I hoped anything I sold, would not only help pay for clay and glazes etc but also enable me to sell and auction pieces for small independent animal resucue charities. I’m now proud to be able to support World Animal Friends & Friends of Ferals in Sheffield, both on Facebook, whenever I can.

I am mostly self-taught and make what I love and love what I make, that other people seem to love them too is a bonus and totally unexpected. So I would encourage anyone to give pottery a try even if you have have disabilities, you just have to work within your limitations. It has made a world of difference to my health and I couldn’t imagine where I’d be without it in my life on a regular basis.

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on with the image thing it looks fine with on my tablet and phone. Maybe someone else can tell me if they are also having the same problem.
In the about section there doesn’t seem to be an option to add a photo of me in my studio.
The shop cover image doesn’t allow you to add writing, only one image, so I chose a close-up of a glaze. I’ll come over and check your shop out for any more ideas if that’s ok😉

Ignore that earlier bit I’ve just found a way to to add a photo of me in the about section thank you that’s a great idea.

Oh and my husband is great at photography so I’ll get him to take if you have me in the studio

Love your guinea pig site I used to have a couple called bubble and squeak haha

1 Like

Oh, I followed the link that you’ve provided but I can’t find anywhere on there to add a new you post to The Thread. Must admit I’m finding these forums a bit confusing to figure out but I’ll keep at it

Scroll down to the bottom and click the blue reply button, then you can add the item oyu are promoting. I select the photo link and add from the web, click the photo image again and upload a larger image.

looks good way to go ! :slight_smile: and aww thank you chuffed you like it x have a fab day! katie and pigs

I’ve just tried and after 5-minutes of scrolling down i don’t think Ive reached the bottom yet haha I must be doing something wrong

On the right of the screen there is a grey bar, pull down to the bottom. There are a lot of posts. Once you have replied you will automatically go in at your last point.

1 Like

Ooh I just noticed something, at the top of the bar to the right it says the date of the first post and at the bottom the date/time of the most recent post. If you just click on that it’ll take you straight to the last post with no dragging/scrolling required.

@Pawprintpottery Love the photo on your about section, it shows a lot of character!

1 Like