Not a great start to the day

I’m selling some old knitting patterns on ebay that were left to me by a great aunt.

A lady bid on one and it took her 4 days to pay. That was yesterday.

Then this morning I get a message after I’d got it all ready to take to the post office ( good job I checked my emails before walking out the door)

Requesting I send it to another address not registered with paypal. Her excuse (which might be true I don’t know) was she’d moved and forgotten to change her address in paypal.

I’ve had to email her back saying sorry no can do due to paypal seller protection and send her a refund which of course cost me paypal fees uggg.

I could I suppose send to this ‘other / new’ address but all she has to say is she never received the item and paypay would force me to refund so she’d end up with my monies and the pattern.

Oh Eileen what a pickle. :expressionless:
I can see why your worried.

I hope you manage to sort it out without being out of pocket.

Karen :cherry_blossom:

Morning Eileen,
I’ve got a tiny bit of cheerful news for you. Your refund wont cost you paypal fees as they refund them to you. It’s not much after being messed around but I hope it helps :smile:

Donna x

Thanks Karen and Donna

You did the right thing. Disappointing for you, but you don’t want to lose your stock, as well as the sale. Hope you soon sell the item again - to a bona-fide buyer who doesn’t mess about!
Lizzie
x