Notebooks which size would you use?

I am not sure if this the correct section to ask this but I will put it here for now. I have been selling at craft fairs (well trying to !) covered noteboks with an attached pen as they make good gifts. I decided to try selling them here on line and have listed two in A6 size which is pocket size approx 17 x 13 cms. as a trial to gauge reaction. My question is would you want pocket size or something bigger say A5 or even A4 standard paper size and would you buy one anyway ? What would be the most useful ? I am off out for the day but I will answer all replies this evening. Thanks so much for reading this.

Nora XX

Hi, Nora, I’ve bought a couple for handmade notebooks from Folksy and they were A5, but there’s probably a market for all the sizes. Why don’t you use the search facility to see what other makers are selling, that should give you some idea of what sells.

Good luck.

Liz
x

1 Like

In one of my other incarnations I sell handmade wire bound notebooks. I make both A6 and A5 and sometimes one size sells, sometimes the other. I’d say, go with a choice of sizes.

1 Like

Hi Nora

I tend to mostly use A5 notebooks, with lined paper. I use them when I’m designing/writing my knitting patterns, and then keep them on my lap when I’m knitting, I find A4 to cumbersome for this and A6 too small. But I think for selling them, it’s always good to have a choice of sizes for people to buy.

Natalie x

1 Like

I sell all sizes of books - people want them for different things.

Good luck with yours!

Lizzie LizzieMade Hand Bound Books

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your replies. I think I will try some other sizes and see but it seems that A5 would be popular. At craft fairs I have sold mostly A6 . I will make some more this week in other fabrics and sizes and take it from there.

A5 for home but always like a4 at work x

1 Like

I’ve found that, that face to face sales are nearly always all A6 but online I sell both. I also get custom requests for square, around 8"x8".

Personally, either A6 or A5 lined…

I would say some of each size. Particularly at Christmas time I buy a selection for my family who need different sizes for different things. For myself I like A5.

Thank you all once again. I am just finishing off some A5 lined and will hopefully post them later this evening. If they prove popular I will make some with embroidered covers as my embroidered things seemed to sell at Christmas.

I will look out for the embroidered covers for my Christmas shopping.

Thanks so much Gillian . Hopefully they should be finished before then, but I wouldn’t bank on it. I started one last night but I do seem to get distracted and start looking at fb, pinterest etc . and the forums of course.

Nora XX

Personally I use A6 and A5 most often but on our stall it varies from weekend to weekend. One week A4 cartridge journals sell out, the next its ruled A6. I think rule of thumb is that people will always ask for the size you haven’t got!
Linda

When I make them for my own use or for gifts for friends I make all different size’s. some like little ones to go in a handbag while other’s want rather large journals for scrapbooking/ painting. I do a whole range of size’s.

I really should make some for my shop I guess.

I have a listed a few of both sizes, A5 and A6, and sold a few ( unfortunately not here on Folksy ). I have now made an embroidered linen cover which can be personalised with a name or initial .Thank you all once again for your advice.