Could I have your opinions please?

Some of my books are due for a reprint and I would value your opinion. At the moment all of my books are A5 paperback size and I was wondering if they would be better for little ones in A4. The paperback size are £4.99 but I would have to charge £5.99 for the larger ones. Which do you think would be the better option?

I had one of your books for my granddaughter and it was perfect for her. I wonder if you could offer it in both sizes and see which is more popular?

Hi Martine, I just had a look to a couple of your books, and the actual pages you include in your pictures. My kids are 9 and advanced, free readers, and I find that A5 size is perfect for them now, as they have moved to the normal “big” books and they actually prefer that size.
As your stories are mainly for kids 3-8, it might worth offering the A4 size as well, since at that age they could find it a lot easier to read from bigger pages, with bigger letters? Even if younger kids start with the stories being read to them, it’s always a massive achievement when they can start recognising the words, so I think a bigger size would be great for that. It would also be a great help for those kids that are towards the 8yo margin, but still struggle a bit, or are not yet very confident x

1 Like

I did wonder about that but it’s quite expensive for a print run, so I think I may have to choose one or the other.

Thanks so much for that - from all of the replies I’ve had from various places so far, it seems that the smaller version would be more popular - also, I do get a lot of grown ups buying my books and I suppose the smaller version would be the one they chose. I really appreciate your comments. Thank you .

1 Like

A4 can be a bit unwieldy for little hands, ok for colouring on floor, but reading i would say stick to the smaller.

Thanks Pam - it seems from asking in lots of different places that most people think the same as you, that the small size is better so I’m going to go with that. Thank you.