Orders orders orders!

Made my first sale a couple of days ago and I went straight to the Post Office and shipped the item off First Class. (I should’ve gotten it tracked really but nvm)

How will I know that the parcel has arrived? Does the client have to email you when their order arrived?

Also, I didn’t get it tracked because I was being a cheapskate, but that will teach me for pricing my delivery charges so cheaply. I’m gonna change them later ._.

But £3.30 isn’t that bad for a small box and a thank-you card in a small mail bag

No news is good news… you are unlikely to hear unless there is a problem.

1 Like

Customers don’t have to email or leave feedback it’s their choice.

If you don’t hear anything then you know all’s ok.

Don’t forget to keep your receipt from the post office and yes check your postage pricing on the royal mail website as it’s size as well as weight you have to take into consideration.

Try to find ways to make your parcels flatter if you can without compromising on protecting the item inside.
It’s a bit of a learning curve but well done on your first sale :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on your first sale.

Try not to worry about the item going missing.

Keep hold of your proof of postage receipt. I normally clip mine to the copy of the order in my file.
I try to keep my postage costs down by sending untracked as the item value isn’t huge.
If sending something more valuable I would offer trackable postage.

I know it’s difficult not to worry abit, but as Helen says, if you don’t hear anything back from your customer then alls well.

Karen

Enjoy your first sale and don’t worry I’m sure all will b fine

Yay congrats on your first sale! Hopefully lots more to follow :slight_smile:
Wee bit of advice: any item with a width over 2.5cm will have to go small parcel (so most of your trinket boxes!) It’ll be £2.80 minimum for 2nd class (delivery aim 3 days) or £3.30 for first class (delivery aim 1 day). Don’t forget to add a bit on for bubblewrap, tissue paper, packaging, etc. because it all adds up!

Hi Anja

Congrats on first sale. I always email customer and ask them to let me know either by replying to my email that the item has arrived safely, or if they are registered with Folksy then responding to the feedback I have left thanking them for their custom.
Hope this helps

Mel

if it makes you feel better I havent lost anything in the post so far,yes they have arrived late but thats better than non delivery. I dont track items as its cards I sell. Only if it was a large order I would track

Well done on your 1st sale, may you have many more. I generally don’t do tracking unless it’s an expensive item and I’ve not loss anything yet. Like some of the others have said “no news is good news” Not everyone lets you know things have got there safe but they’ll soon get in touch if it doesn’t arrive. :slight_smile: