Paypal Business Address

I have just discovered that unlike any other on line shop I use, when I buy from Folksy it very kindly picks up my Business name and address instead of my personal / home name and address for use as my delivery address.
So if any of you have slight differences between business and home name / address details you may find packages ordered from Folksy are unusually sent to your business address.
I’ve just reported this to Folksy support as it is, to my mind, quite clearly an error.
My postie expects my parcels to be addressed to Joy Salt not Joys Glass…

(My address details were slightly different on Paypal but I’ve fixed then now to be the same but I can’'t change my names to be the same and don’t want to as I want invoices I send to show Joys Glass).

Joy I was under the impression that folksy picked up your address from PayPal. Certainly they are always in the same format (i.e… postcode in lower case or name in caps if entered on one appear on the other) Also when customers have requested items to be sent to other people the address appears the same on both folksy and PayPal. you can add different delivery addresses to PayPal and select which one you want and it should go through to folksy.

1 Like

Folksy always picks up my business paypal account (rather than my personal one but I can change the log in details to use the other one if I want too) when I’m shopping but I can select which address I want it sent to as I have a couple saved other than the default one (which is the one that is used when I generate invoices). If you add your personal name and address as a secondary option then invoices will go out with your default (business) name/ address and you can then select your personal name/ address when shopping.

1 Like

I decided to test the system (once in IT, always in IT).
I’ve bought a birthday card and taken prints of the delivery address at various stages of the process :

My address when I placed the order shows my name, correctly, as Joy Salt
My address when I confirmed the order shows my name, correctly, as Joy Salt
The delivery address on my order confirmation shows my name, correctly, as Joy Salt

The delivery address on my Paypal transaction shows my Business name of Joys Glass

I did have the opportunity to amend the address but had no reason to as throughout my correct name of Joy Salt showed. It was only when I checked my Paypal account afterwards I saw the Joys Glass name on there … so if my seller prints the address label from there…my parcel will be addressed to Joys Glass.

This is not a major issue (my missing package arrived this morning even with the slightly odd address and I’ve fixed the actual address bit on Paypal so both home and business match) but I do not expect a personal, home order to be addressed to me via my business Paypal name and it doesn’t happen on any other selling platform.
If it happens to me on Folksy it happens to everybody else on Folksy with a difference in home and business names. I’m pretty sure it is not intended.

I noticed that yesterday with a purchase on here too that t was showing as Maxine Veronica Jewellery (I really must update that lol!) but I also get this if I use E-Bay or Cookson Gold event though my actual name is correct on my account so maybe it’s a paypal thing

Maxime

In my case it really is only Folksy purchases which are picking up the Paypal business name. Just rechecked and this is the Ebay order from yesterday :slight_smile: as shown in the transaction of my Payap Summary.
Delivery address
Joy Salt

All Folksy purchases show this as Joys Glass.
I think it’s probably just a parameter which needs changing in the Folksy / Paypal interface. Obviously when we are selling then it should pick up our business details but not when we are buying.

I ordered some sensory chews for my son today and the chewigem site has done the same thing Joy, I didn’t realise 'til I read the email notification. It’s a bit of a pain really.

1 Like

I’ve just checked and I have this with Etsy as well as Folksy when purchasing via Paypal. I’m wondering if it’s because my PayPal is a business account so has that info on there?

Edited to add: Checked my previous purchases via Folksy and last Oct PayPal receipt was showing my name rather than business name. Hmmmmmm…

All very odd. Folksy did make a change quite recently re names which appeared on emails but this appears to be Paypal side as all Folksy stuff shows my normal name.
I’ll just have to stop buying from Folksy - that will solve my problem. !

Hello Joy

Was this ever sorted out? I have noticed that purchases I made until recently (dec 17) gave my name as ‘Helen Clifford’. Since Jan/feb it has been saying ‘Mrs Clifford’. Support assure me that the information is pulled from PP, but when I buy from other sites with PP it says ‘Mrs Helen Clifford’, yet another variation!

i haven’t changed anything either here or in PP - I wondered whether anyone else had noticed a change round about the start of the year?

(and I have a personal PP account, not a business one).

Helen

Helen
I just checked.
I did fiddle with my name a little on Paypal and best I have now is :slight_smile:
Purchases : Hi, Joy (Joysofglass) Salt,
Sales : Dear Joys Glass

I’m ‘Joysofglass’ not ‘Joys Glass’ of course but it’s better than it was before so I’ll live with it.
:slight_smile:

Thanks, Joy. Maybe Doug can get to the bottom of it !

1 Like