Possible to re-order "Other Shop Items"?

Just wondered if it’s possible to specify which items appear in the thumbnails for “Other Shop Items”. Mine has the very first items I ever listed, which are buttons, occupying all 8 slots - they are still there even though they have expired and been relisted. I would prefer a more varied selection of my products to appear there. I hope there is a setting somewhere to adjust this.

Thanks
Julie

Hi there, if you go to your account and then shopkeeping in the shop setting section you can left click on an item and drag and drop it to where you want it to be.

That only works for the order of items in your shop and not in the tiny thumb nail photo under ‘other shop items’

It used to show what you had last viewed and I’ve just noticed it now shows all oddest items

Ooh yes I see what you mean. I thought that they just updated as you posted but obviously not. I can’t see anyway to change the items shown there.

Hi Eileen and Juniper, thanks for replying, and yes I had figured how to arrange the actual items in my store, it’s just the thumbnails that are a bit annoying - it tends to look as though buttons is all that I sell.

I know the system is going on the order that items were first listed, because the very first item I listed back in February was in pole position on the thumbnails before I sold it elsewhere so removed it. The buttons were the next thing I listed when my shop was new, and of course I listed them all in a batch, and there they sit. As they are an ongoing supply line, they are not going to disappear any time soon.

Ah well!
Julie

I asked ages ago about this, and was told by admin that no, it isn’t possible to change what was shown there. Mine all used to be older items which I didn’t really feel showed the contents of my shop to it’s best, so I got around it like this:

I chose one of the items in ‘other shop items’ I didn’t want there anymore, and copied the listing (on the dashboard in ‘listings’, there is a copy button on the far right of each listing)

I then went to the original copy of that item and edited it to become a whole new item, I had plenty of new stock that needed listing so was able to do a few in one go.

That way, it looks like a new item on ‘other shop items’ but is actuallly the same url as the old item, which there is now a new copy of - does that make sense?!

The only disadvantage is that obviously if that old item you’re replacing had favourites on it then they don’t get transferred to the copied listing. And you have to take into account when looking at view figures that it used to be a different item so you might not get a very accurate idea of views for the new item.

I hope this makes sense to someone, I explained it as best I could! x x

2 Likes

That makes perfect sense as I often do similar when I sell something face to face and don’t want to remove the listing. Shame Folksy don’t have a simpler way though.

2 Likes

Yes, that makes sense Claire, thank you - I had just wanted to be sure I hadn’t missed something obvious if there was an easier way!

It really would be good if those thumbnails could randomise in the same way that our Featured Items do - maybe one day. Otherwise, in truth it would make more sense to me if it were our most recent items that showed up there.

Julie

It would be much better if we could either choose them like we do the featured items, or if they just changed randomly, but not to be at the moment it seems! I can’t imagine there are many people who actually want their oldest items showing - I know my shop has improved massively since I first started on here and the older photos just don’t do it justice, which is why I’ve removed most of them from my shop completely now!

I totally agree with you Claire - we all want to see what’s new, don’t we? In my case, the buttons are a “bread and butter” supply item, so I don’t want to remove them, but they don’t really deserve a permanent spot there.

I wish we could change that! It’s so annoying.

I’ve also done the copy listing method to change them (although I just deleted the old listings because I’m on a plus account so don’t pay per listing).

I wish it was a random selection. Or better yet, showed random items from the same collection as the item the person was viewing.

Showing other items from the same collection would be the ultimate - we can only hope.

1 Like