Postage, free post on multi buys

I would like to offer free postage when an order has multiple items where the total order cost is over a minimum amount. Does anyone know how to do this? I’m hoping that by offering this it will encourage shoppers to add another item to take their order over my free postage boundary.

Thanks Debby

Hi, I don’t think it is possible to set a minimum order amount for free postage to apply. What about setting the postage for additional items to not very much? That is definately doable.

You could just set additional postage at 0.00 that way if the one customer buys more than 1 item from your shop they just pay the 1 postage. I do this for people in the UK but any where out of the UK I just add maybe a £1 or 50p in additional depending on where they are in the world.

If your jewellery doesn’t weigh very much then you’ll probably find that it costs the same to send two or three pieces as it does to send one piece. This definitely applies within the UK as the weight/price band for 1st and 2nd class goes up to 1 or 2 kg. Globally the weight/price bands go from 0-100g, then up in 150g - 250g increments (so 100-250g, 250-500g etc).

It might just be easier to offer free postage on all additional items … it’s certainly easier to set up anyway.

I started doing it a couple of years ago and it’s made a huge difference to the number of items people shopping from outside the UK buy at once. I very rarely have to pay more for postage than what the customer has paid and in the instances I do pay more it’s because the customer has bought a lot of stuff so I certainly don’t mind paying out a couple of extra £s in postage.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Melanie, this is most useful to know & also thank you to; http://folksy.com/shops/PaulinesCrafts & https://folksy.com/shops/SashaGarrett for your suggestions. I set my additional postage to zero & only charge postage for items below £10:00 but I wanted to show it as a clear policy without typing it in every description & was hoping that there was a way of doing this. Still at least I’m in the same boat as everyone else. I’d just like to get some more sales under my belt as the items I’ve sold so far are definitely a very long way from recouping the cost of my plus membership. I have competitively priced everything, use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest ect but still nothing much. I have also taken lots of new photos although some could still do with re-doing but working full time doesn’t leave much time for everything else. Mum & I seem to do better at craft fairs but it’s tricky trying to do that & work but unfortunately our family finances dictate that I have to work full time (indeed even with that I still don’t earn enough to cover our bills). Guess just keep plugging away. Kindest regards to all Debby

1 Like