Posting to Norway

@folksycontent Will Folksy be amending the European Posting selection to enable sellers to opt out of posting to Norway?

Yeah, Iā€™ve heard slightly about this, whatā€™s going on?

Cheers, Amanda

I have just had an enquiry for an order to Norway, and as the customer has pointed out it isnt listed on the Postage Destination, Europe part. Is there a reason for this? @folksycontent
How have other people sent items to Europe, standard? signed and tracked?
many thanks Suzzie x

ā€¦and as Norway isnā€™t on the list can we not process an order through folksy, for a customer there? @folksycontent
Suzzie x

hey Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE Norway whilst geographically in Europe isnā€™t part of the EU (but it is part of the EEA) so post going there needs to be treated as if it is going outside the EU (ie needs a CN22). But (I believe) Royal Mail does its price zoning based on distance so to Royal Mail its in the Europe price grouping. If Folksy have picked a list for european destinations based on EU membership then Norway might have been missed.
You might need to turn on ā€˜rest of worldā€™ postage options for that order to go through and warn them that they might have duty/ vat to pay (the threshold is about Ā£30 depending on the exchange rate)

Yes, Folksyā€™s ā€œEuropeā€ shipping section isnā€™t actually Europe, itā€™s a list of EU countries, which annoys me as the postage price for non-EU European countries is the same, but Folksy will charge those customers whatever price you have set for ā€œrest of the worldā€ (which for some of my items would mean they get overcharged Ā£5). If you have Europe shipping set but not rest of the world, it also means customers in places like Norway, Switzerland or Ukraine wouldnā€™t be able to buy from you, even though they are all in Europe and have the same postage costs as France or Germany.

1 Like

Thank you Sasha @SashaGarrett and Kim @konyskiw. So am I reading this right, as far as royal mail are concerned itā€™s Europe pricing, but for the payment to go through folksy I have to list the postage under ā€˜rest of the worldā€™ . The item is Ā£20+ postage, so that comes under the VAT threshold.
Thank you Suzzie xx

Yep. Itā€™d be great if @dougfolksy could change it so Europe either included all of Europe or a ā€œnon-EU Europeā€ section was added (although Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s much point in splitting it if weā€™re coming out), but for now thatā€™s how we have to do it.