Problems copying an item instead of listing

I have just tried to copy an existing item which is how I normally make new listings. I change the relevant parts of the text and obviously the photos and then list the new item. A box came up saying you can’t delete all photos when editing a listing. I tried a second time and the same thing happened and I checked that I hadn’t pressed edit by mistake but I hadn’t I had definitely clicked on copy. I have never seen this before and it means that I now can’t list a new item in that way which is a bit of a pain. Has anyone else experienced the same problem or is it just a blip ? I am now going to have to list my items from scratch.

I noticed it too when I copied a listing last time. But you can still do it - just leave one photo there until you add a new one, then you can delete the final old one. As long as there is at least one photo there, it’s happy!

1 Like

Happened here too today.
As Christine said above, if you leave one photo, add the others and then delete the one you don’t want it seems to work OK.

1 Like

Thank you both so much. I will try your way Christine tomorrow. Had enough tonight been a long day . :slight_smile:

I had 20 items to list this evening - was going to use the copy function til I had this problem, then decided to do them all the long way just in case I messed up any listings. Will try that method tomorrow when I do the next batch of listing - thanks for the tip :smiley:

1 Like

Yes this happened to me as well.
I did exactly the same as Christine and left one old photo until I had imported a new photo.
Then I could delete the old photo.

Shirley x

1 Like

Oh gosh, I’m really glad I found this thread as I haven’t listed for a couple of weeks so wouldn’t have known. I also copy & then make the amendments. What an excellent solution Christine. Thank you :smile: