Rotary paper cutters

My old fiscars rotary paper cutter is needing replaced and I am not sure what to replace it with.
I need it to have a scoring and decorative blade as well as the normal straight blade. I use it for A4 size.
Any recommendations?

I’ m looking at this one
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/catalog/catalogSku.do?id=A425PRO&PR=QCB&cm_mmc=Google--pla_gen_google-shopping_desktop-essentials--desktop-essentials--A425PRO&s2m_channel=544&%24ja=tsid:34770|cid:242833457|agid:16600083977|tid:aud-162799896257:pla-91768607897|crid:55356843977|nw:g|rnd:15279972234300190437|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=Cj0KEQiA5IHEBRCLr_PZvq2_6qcBEiQAL4cQ06Nq8nGQYqnyL-VjbLWx46VhEKZKlzlnilfDuxIMSkwaAuX88P8HAQ

I’ve just bought this one (got it on an offer from Create & Craft but they’ve sold out) It’s quite expensive but self sharpening (the blade has a lifetime guarentee) and requires very little effort, I’ve cut A3 card with it (there is an extension arm to measure up to 18 inches)

2 Likes

that looks good but does it have a scoring and decorative blade ?
I dont mind the cost if it lasts as long as my fiscars
Ive just looked at the reviews of the rexel that I liked and not sure about it now!

1 Like

No it just does straight cuts, my old one (which to be honest I’ve had for 6 years) was from Crafters Companion and had a straight blade, scoring blade and a couple of decorative blades all in one cartridge and you can buy replacements, the only reason I got a new one was because it needed a new blade and a couple of bits were cracked/wobbly so it didn’t always cut well, I rarely used it for anything other than straight cutting so won’t miss the option to do decorative cutting.

2 Likes

I just bought the cutterpillar crop machine as well…firstly I have to say that it is brilliant…and I have to also add that it didn’t cut very well at all and I was very disappointed…HOWEVER…I contacted the manufacturers who immediately sent me a replacement blade with no questions asked…superb after sales service and now my machine is amazing. (these things happen and aftersales service is very important to me)
No it doesn’t have the fancy edged blades but I had a rotary cutter with a selection of blades and they often cut badly and ruined a project for me…(I found scissors better !)
I now know that I never need to buy buy another machine. This one is also brilliant because I have bad hands and pressing down on a rotary cutter was becoming difficult. You don’t need any pressure at all with the Cutterpillar crop or pro.
Hope that Helps a bit x

2 Likes

I would really like one that has different blades . I have now seen a carl professional trimmer that has good reviews on amazon so think I am going to go with that one.
Thank you every body for your help

1 Like

just to let you know I have bought a Carl professional rotary paper trimmer. and I can use different blades on it .
I am really pleased with it so far so hope it lasts as well as my last fiscars one!

1 Like