Sale/ discounted products page

Hi there, I’ve been running my micro biz now for just over 2 years and have reached the stage of now knowing what I want to do and how.

In future, I’m going to concentrate on the larger artworks and prints side of my business. This means I won’t be doing as many craft fairs (i have only done one this year) and so I need to find a home for all the smaller pictures which I made specifically to sell at craft fairs.

I thought about setting up a Facebook Sale page, where I could promote all my discounted pictures. I will also set up a Folksy Sale section in my Folksy shop, as I want to reorganise things here too.

Apart from this ‘discount’ and sale strategy (and I know there’s the risk of ‘devaluing’ your stuff by going down this route), does anyone have any ideas for shifting stock that you no longer want to sell??

Any pointers/ advice gratefully received.

Heidi

I always donate stuff I no longer have a need for. I went mental in printing my stuff large and as it looked awesome, I printed some more, but it was not going as quickly as I wanted it to, so I have donated lots of stuff to local charity shops - RSPCA, Samaritans, Prospect Hospice and Marie Currie. All of the causes that I support and believe in. And while I can not afford to donate cash, as I do not have a regular job, at least I help out this way.

Do not worry about cheapening yourself. Banksy was selling his artwork cheaply (people didn’t know it was his stuff, they thought it was some cheapo artist) and what’s good enough for Banksy it is good enough for me :slight_smile:

Also you can donate some of your stuff to some blogs giveaways. Pick some good blogs that deal with your stuff and approach them if they would write about you when you donate something for their giveaway.

I only rent a room and needed space, and the experience has taught me to think carefully what I/people want before I go full steam ahead.

2 Likes

Thanks for that - doing giveaways is a good idea and will also benefit others too. I’ve never done them so this would be a good opportunity to do so! I’ve also decided to have a couple of Open House events where I can display all the smaller pictures and offer them for sale, letting people know in advance that everything is under £30, for example. Thanks again!