Sales on Folksy

I’ve added your shop onto my favourites @ShirleyRainbow
I think the pendant with the cloud and raindrops is absolutely lovely. x

1 Like

Every sale I’ve had is items I don’t really promote :confused:

Really @OhButtonMe? I wonder where your customers are coming from… send some my way :wink:

Thank you very much! I’ve popped by your shop too, really lovely and added a few items to my favourites also! Teresa x

Thanks Teresa! x

Thank you, thats appreciated.

Yeah I’m not sure to be honest I do promote but just not everything that’s in my shop.:confused:

Possibly slightly off topic (but I didn’t really want to start a new thread to ask this question!) but I’m just wondering if I’m doing something wrong when contacting folksy. For example, I was (and quite often still am) having technical issues when trying to upload a new listing. I created a thread, and even took screen shots to illustrate what I meant but no one (from the Folksy team) got back to me. I then asked a question to Folksy in the lightbox competition thread and once again no one got back to me!

I’m genuinely not having a moan at Folksy, I’m just wondering if I’m doing something wrong and they’re not seeing my questions? I’m quite new to the forums so probably am doing something wrong!

Sorry to post in this thread, but I didn’t want to start a new thread whinging, haha! If someone could give a bit of advice that woukd be great, then I promise I’ll steer the conversation back to sales! :wink:

@SophiesHandmadeBabyBoutique You might want to try emailing them on support@folksy.com - they aim to respond within 24h and that way it will end up with the right person. If you need to get their attention via the forum you use the @ and then their name - previously I would have suggested Sian but she is off on maternity, Doug is the techie guy so he might be a better bet for your uploading issues.
Sasha

Brilliant, thank you @SashaGarrett, I can always count on you to help me out :blush:

It’s not just you Sophie, I asked a question a couple of weeks ago and put the @doug bit in it but still didn’t get a response.

Oh really @dare2dream, that’s not good :frowning: hope you’re problem is sorted now!

1 Like

Hi, I’m new here. Just opened my shop and I hope for bit of advises how to sell here.
I wish all lots of sales :slight_smile:

Hi there,
my main bit of advice is be prepared to promote and then promote some more - any and every social media platform you can manage (the jewellery categories here are well populated with many pretty things so you will need to drive people to yours with promotion). Second bit of advice is the folksy crops images to square in search results and on shop fronts so make sure that your first image is square so that bits don’t get chopped off. Its worth having a look at your shop front to see if this is happening or not.
Good luck
Sasha

Thank you very much for advises :slight_smile:
I’ll try my best to promote as much as possible and keep my eye on my photos. Hope these few I used are good enough :slight_smile: I know jewellery is not easy to sell with so many jewellery makers and sellers. I still have lots to learn about making jewellery and selling it even if I have some face-to-face sales on fairs, between neighbours and bit online (etsy) experience.

Welcome @TobisiasLilThing, you’re earrings are lovely. x

Thank you very much :slight_smile: I’ll try add few more pieces to my shop soon - I hope so :slight_smile: Not easy to make new pieces with 3 years old boy running around the house :slight_smile:

I hear you!! x @TobisiasLilThing :grin:

Looks like you have exactly the same situation :slight_smile: So we are in the same club :slight_smile:

I used to have @TobisiasLilThing. My children have grown up now but I do still have a 9 year old girl and a 14 year old boy! I sympathize with you! x