Sales on Folksy

Everybody saying that kids grow up too fast, agree - I still remember myself with big belly and people at work asking crazy questions :slight_smile:

I agree, the time flies by! Cherish those little ones. x

Iā€™m trying :slight_smile: We have so many photos, and my little handsome boy hates camera at the moment - heā€™s screams and run away when sees it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear you had a problems and didnā€™t get a response @SophiesHandmadeBabyBoutique. How did you contact us? If itā€™s a technical problem, the best thing to do is always to email support@folksy.co.uk. Comments on the blog about shop issues, or even sometimes comments on here, might get missed.

What was your question for Doug @dare2dream? Is it something I can help with? Doug doesnā€™t use the forums very much so if you do have a question itā€™s always best to email support@folksy.co.uk where it will get passed on to the right person.

Did you issues get resolved?

I made a thread in the category of Folksy Issues and Updates under the title of something along the lines of Uploading Issues (canā€™t remember the exact name but it had the red background!) @folksycontent. I added screen shots to try and help explain the issues I was having (and occasionally do still have). Iā€™ve since been informed to use the email address youā€™ve mentioned, so will do that from now on if need be. Itā€™s not a constant issue, just a frequent one! It was a while a go now, perhaps a week or two so it will be quite far down!

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

Hi Camilla,
Iā€™ve just found my question to Doug, it was on the "Urgent changes to Folksy thread"
This was my questionā€¦
Hi I was just wondering if this is a permanent change or is the problem still being fixed? Thanks @dougfolksy

I asked this because a lot of the designs I sell are repeat makes and the ā€œRecently listedā€ page being restricted to listings that are less than one month old means that a very limited amount of my listings are appearing on there. This seems to have made my views quite low. Doug made it sound like it was a temporary fix to stop the ā€œbottle neckā€ as he called it but itā€™s been like this for quite a while now. If I was able to make lots of things all the time it wouldnā€™t be a problem but unfortunately Iā€™m not.
Thanks for asking if my issues were resolved :slight_smile:

Was it this thread, Sophie?

I canā€™t actually see the screenshots properly so Iā€™m not sure what you were seeing, but if that problem does come up again, let us know by emailing support so we can investigate it.

1 Like

I donā€™t actually know where we are with that, Tanith. Iā€™ll ask Doug if the changes to the recently listed view are permanent or likely to be reversed soon. It shouldnā€™t have a huge impact on your views though because it only affects the recently listed section on the homepage and on a few other pages and not the recently listed page itself. Have you views dropped significantly since the changes were implemented?

Hi Everyone, I am happy to say that I have had a sale !!! my first one on Folksy, so I am well pleased, the person who bought from me lives in US, she saw my crafts on Instagram with my Folksy address there and then came to Folksy to buy, so all of you that are not on Instagram I would highly recommend it to you, there is no cost, its free.

All the best

Sue

7 Likes

Awww, Iā€™m really pleased for you Sue @suebeacham. I wish you many more. x

1 Like

Thanks Kelly, all the best to you also

Sue

Thank you. x

Congratz Sue!!! Wish you much more sales in future! Hope Iā€™ll have my first sale soon :slight_smile: Unfortunately I donā€™t like smartphones so Instagram is not for meā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Camilla. I wouldnā€™t say theyā€™d dropped significantly and there has been the odd spike in views. Maybe itā€™s just a quiet time of year? Iā€™ve been busy trying to improve my photographs in the mean time, so maybe that will help?

I use my tablet.

Thank you to everyone for these tips! Iā€™ve been on Folksy for a few months now, I havenā€™t had any sales yet but have just started putting a lot of effort into advertising my shop on Facebook and Twitter, I hadnā€™t heard of Craftjuice before so I will have a look at that today!
Thanks again! :smiley: xx

Thank you Camilla, will have a good read today:)

Hello there,

Iā€™m new to Folksy and Iā€™ve had no sales. I am yet to advertise Iā€™ve just got a Facebook and Twitter but am getting promotional cards done this month.

Iā€™m not quite sure where to start. Any advice would be great.

Thank you

@StudioBee you had me confused for a moment there, I thought you were @StudioBeeArt, who I know Iā€™ve bought from on here! lol Hope you find sales soon.

1 Like

I have just sold this pincushion, lovely lady from instagram saw it in my gallery and came to folksy to buy it, all my sales recently is because my items are seen on instagram, I highly recommend instagram

Sue Xx

https://folksy.com/items/6714369-Teacup-Pincushion-Cute-Bone-China-Unique-Sewing-Craft-Ornamental-Cup-Saucer

2 Likes