Sciatica! Ouch

I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself! I have sciatica on top of my usual pain…Wish it would go away. Nothing seems to be helping and I’m no good with treatments such as osteopathy and similar. Am doing stretches and hot and cold but it’s not really doing anything…

Truly sympathise with you Roxanne, I had what I thought was sciatica a couple of years ago, but turned out to be a deep vein thrombosis. It left me unable to hardly walk for months. That’s the only thing about pain, nobody can see it so they don’t know what you’re going through.
I hope it eases for you very soon, sending you healing thoughts.

1 Like

Hi Joy
Sounds like you went through a lot too! It’s hard isn’t it?! I agree people dont always understand pain especially when its chronic. Thanks for your words. Hopefully it will improve… x

1 Like

Thank you. Yes it wasn’t pleasant, very painful as it was the whole leg and more. A friend had to walk the dog and take me shopping. I consider I am lucky as although I still get discomfort, I’m up and running now. It taught me to be grateful and not to take mobility for granted.

1 Like

Ouch :frowning: Only ever had that when pregnant and it was awful so I feel for you. And the frustrating thing is pain makes your muscles tense up even more.
Still getting over shingles myself. Glad most of these things eventually pass!

1 Like

Some times I have a treatment from my friend who does Bowen which is very good

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon too!

When I got back pain and shooting pains down my legs last December, it was debilitating and I went to the doc’s and she prescribed painkillers and said she’d refer me for physiotherapy. I felt at the time that I was stuck with it for life.
Well, the physiotherapy appointment never arrived but the condition did gradually get better. Hope your pain eases soon, Roxanne.

1 Like

Thank you Christine… I hope so too. Am doing gentle stretches… will have some chocolate tonight to make me feel better!

My mum used to get sciatica and used to get rather drunk then lie on the floor to do twists and other stretches, the alcohol numbs the pain and relaxes the muscles so when she did the twists the vertebrae could realign and she would be much better the next day. (don’t combine alcohol with pain killers) I suffered from muscle spasms but find that a regular program of yoga and pilates stops any flare ups.
Hope you manage to get it under control soon as it is really debilitating when it strikes.

1 Like

I can sympathise with you as I have had sciatica and found I couldn’t even sit on the toilet without a lot of pain and my back going into a spasm! Physio was the only way I got it sorted. Luckily not had it since. Hope yours is sorted soon.:bouquet:

That’s tough. Hope you are able to sleep and will soon be getting better. I’ve hurt my right knee which is bad news as it’s the leg I use to press down my sewing machine pedal :frowning:

oh no I had that once and boy it’s not nice.

It’s the nerve that’s moved out of position and getting it to go back is the key. Physio will help but be warned it might be painful but worth it.

Mine went one morning woke up and it just wasn’t there anymore. I think I’d been very careful with my siting positions, and standing straight, re heeled my shoes. so I was walking better taking pressure off the spine and I did stretching exercises gradually built them up.

oh yes and I changed my old matteress on the bed. Went to bed one night thinking I have phsysio booked next week I hope it works and then the next day I was fine. Not had any problems since thank goodness.

1 Like