Scissors allowed in Commercial Supplies?

Does anyone know if I’d be allowed to sell embroidery scissors in the Supplies section? There’s no category for tools, but I have seen others selling kits including scissors. - thought I should seek clarification.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t see why not, I’ve seen jewellery pliers for sale before.

Can’t see any reason why you can’t sell scissors as supplies.

Thanks Roz and Margaret - I’ll give it a go then. They are rather pretty - in fact I could just imagine Roz making a beautiful felted case to keep them in! (If you did, I’d buy it).

Now theres a challenge!

I’ve listed them Roz - just about to post to the Daily Listers thread :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you can post scissors since RM brought in all the changes and now ask what is in your parcel before you send it. I know you can’t post glue but it might be worth checking in scissors are on the list :slight_smile:

How funny just read this thread and went back to folksy front page and the sissors are there just been :purple_heart:

I can’t understand the not posting glue, I’ve recently bought some of the Pergamano glue from their site Maybe being a large company they are not asked what’s in the parcel. Marg.

I can’t find any reference to sending glue on their website.

Found this though regarding scissors - I guess they are OK to send

Sharp objects like knives, kitchen utensils and gardening tools may only be posted if they are packaged appropriately so that they are no risk to employees, other postal items or recipients. Wrap heavy cardboard around sharp edges and points, strong enough to ensure that the contents do not pierce the outer packaging. Wrap each item with cushioning material. Place in a suitable outer container such as a padded envelope. The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

Does the company use a courier instead of Royal Mail? I know if I’ve bought glue online it’s delivered by courier.

Royal mail didn’t used to allow paints to be sent via the post but they do now, same with pressurized cans but you have to pack them properly.

A very good point raised Joanne - I am aware of the RM packaging requirements, having sold these items for some time from my website, to the point that my post office no longer asks me about the contents of my parcels. My question was just about whether Folksy allows tools to be listed here - I wasn’t sure it counted as a “supply”.

I think some of RM’s restrictions are a bit over the top, but on the other hand I think some suppliers are being a bit lax on the way they package - I received some liquid liver of sulfur last week, a plastic bottle with no label to identify it, just dropped into a bubble envelope, no other protection. Regulations or not, that really beggars belief.

On an amusing note, my husband took in a courier delivery for me recently, a huge box with tape saying “HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE!” all over it. “What on earth have you been buying?” says he. He couldn’t believe it when he saw my small box of paints, amongst a ton of bubble wrap and with a massive wad of paper with information about said hazardous substances. So funny. That company certainly took their packaging seriously.

I know what you mean.

I ordered a small tin of blackboard paint a few weeks back and it wasn’t packed quite as well as I’d expect. Yes they had shrink wrapped the can with thick black plastic around the lid but then they just popped the tin into a one of those gray plastic postie bags.

Now what would have happened if some thing had made a tiny hole in the can paint everywhere. I had expected it to come in a box with packing.

oh yes the scissors would be commercial supplies just like crochet hooks, knitting needles, quilting squares, reels of sewing thread, buttons, pins, sewing needles etc etc.

A lot of jewellery supply website’s had to stop selling jewellery glue because of the new regulations RM brought in. if that has now changed I don’t know.
I know what you mean about them being over the top I completely agree.