Sewing machine needle help

I just bought a bias binding foot for my machine(Riccar 5600) I didnt think it would fit and low and behold it doesnt. The needle hits the foot on the way down. Is there a way of moving the needle forward? I know they can be moved side to side(somehow)but is forward an option? I cant find anything on the net.

opps sorry ignore my post I just rethought what I said won’t work

I don’t know of any machine that you can move the needle forward…only side to side.

No, you can’t move the needle forward. If the needle is hitting the foot it probably means that the foot you have isn’t the right one for your machine. Can you exchange it?

Luckily the sellers except returns. But I may see if it fits my sis in laws machine as hers is bound to be newer than mine(its 27 years old). Either that or I buy a new sewing machine(which sadly isnt going to be able to happen any time soon)

Hello peeps, my sis in laws machine fits th efoot, hooray. So thats good to know. Ive decided to keep the foot and hopefully one day il get a new machine.

Just bias bindeded the waistband for a revamped dress into a skirt, using the foot. This is my second attemot and I positioned the needle more to the left so the sewing left a bigger channel to get the elastic though. Much better this time round. Now I just need elastic.

Just noticed you have sorted it out x

I’ve just done the same thing with my dress I ripped on a door handle. It’s now a skirt awaiting some elastic :smile:

So glad to hear you’ve sorted your bias binding foot :slight_smile: