Shop feedback for demoralised seller

One Facebook point - best idea is not to put the Folksy url / link directly in the post. Mr Fb will restrict views if you do more than otherwise. I loaded the photo directly and put the link in the comment. Never use any words relating to selling or money in the actual post. Seems to get far better views that way.
Love your bears by the way.
xx

2 Likes

Thanks Joy, I didnā€™t know that! Thereā€™s so much to remember!!

The only thing Iā€™d point out is that this: ā€œThis item is for collectors only and is not intended as a childrenā€™s toy.ā€ wontā€™ legally cover you if someoneā€™s child chokes on a button eye and they decide to sue you. Have you looked at the EU toy regs and do you have insurance? I would ask advice from Trading Standards too. Not to be a spoil-sport, your bears are very cute, but someone on here mentioned buying one for a grandchildā€¦

3 Likes

Well, that sounds like a brilliant reason to give up completely. Donā€™t you just love regulations! I will look into it, thanks. :smiley:

I donā€™t think they are that difficult to do? Hearing some doing the CE test, it sounds like they are done in your own home??? Testing a bear, burning it etc.

Yes, you can self-certify. All designs have to be documented, if you change fabrics you have to test them, no buttons for eyes, use only certifid polyfill thatā€™s fire retardant etc.

The other option is to take your designs and make them out of high-end designer fabric/mohair fur fabric and market them as limited edition collectables at a premium price (IE, over Ā£100).

Insurance wonā€™t cover any item deemed to be a toy that isnā€™t CE marked and fully tested. Good luck!

1 Like

Ah well, I was thinking that I should increase my prices :wink: