Showing my shop on Social Media

Hi Folksy folk. I am struggling to work out how to promote my shop on Social Media. I’m ok with using the Internet for most things I need, but at 74, struggling with new technology. When I set up my shop, I did well with sales, and during the pandemic, I was very busy, but I’m in a slump now, and thinking of giving up altogether. Maybe my items are dated, and I need to up my game. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Hi Teresa,
Your creations are lovely. The link to instagram in your shop looks like it belongs to someone else.
Have a look at similar accounts on social media to get some ideas.

2 Likes

Hi Liz. Thank you. I will check on that

2 Likes

Your earrings really caught my eye - they remind me of a pair the Duchess of Cambridge wore recently, so they’re definitely not dated! I really think you could do well promoting those in particular.

I use my Instagram account @heather_andhome to promote my own business. I use a mix of product photos and personal stuff too as people are interested in you and in your lifestyle - it gives potential customers confidence that you are a real person with a genuine business.

You don’t have to post a photo everyday but consistency is important. And use hashtags # ie. search terms, to help people find your products. And don’t forget to include a Folksy website link to your shop wherever you can - in your bio (at the top of your Instagram account), in your posts and in your Stories too.

Is the Instagram account link on your Folksy shop actually your account - it doesn’t look like it is!

Hope this helps a bit. And I hope I’m still stitching and selling at 75!

Heather x

1 Like