Still waiting for a sale since re-opening this week, is anyone else finding sales slow for jewellery?

Hi everyone

Is anyone else on this forum selling jewellery? How are your sales? It probably doesn’t help it being during the school half term, I know when my boys are off school i do not online shop half as much. I was hoping for at least one sale by the weekend so it’s a little frustrating. I have been getting likes so maybe these liker’s will come back at a later date. Here’s hoping :slight_smile: xx

Tracy

Whoops!! I have posted this to Fancy a Cuppa!! So sorry about that, I can’t get the hang of this new forum at all. :frowning:

It is a slower time of year , people have a lot of other things to spend their time and money on during the holidays.

Yeah this time of year is very slow.
Hopefully next month things with pick up.

Yes, holidays and even it being warm weather must deter people from shopping online.

Tracy

Trying to sell jewellery on Folksy is a hard task as there is so many sellers doing the same.

Also with the school holidays and ‘summer’ it goes really slow.

Roll on Christmas run up :blush:

To be honest I think hoping for a sale so soon was somewhat optimistic! Even at the busiest time of year it’s extremely difficult to sell jewellery online as there is so much of it for sale. Having only just reopened it could take weeks to start to get known again and to build up a customer base. Sadly you’re going to have to learn to be patient, good luck! :smile:

2 Likes

@TJSJewelleryDesigns Hi! Nice to see you back! I’ve had 3 sales all year on here - nothing since June. Pretty busy elsewhere but can’t entice shoppers into my shop here for toffee! Hope it picks up for you xx

1 Like

Where do you get your sales from @dottiedesigns Etsy or Facebook??

Jewellery is not easy to sell with so big competition, I started my shop here about 5 weeks ago and I’m really happy to have 2 sales. Also have shop on etsy with just 1 sale in last 4 weeks (36 since I started there over year ago).

Hi! Tracy,

Yes, I’m finding sales very slow on Folksey at the moment but then I’m only really getting into using it. I hope it improves soon. What I offer is something completely new and unique.

I create flower shapes in wire, dip it into a clear acrylic liquid and then apply glitter or Angel Dust I prefer to call it. However the result when photographed looks very speckled rather than showing th glitter.
In the flesh it looks absolutely great!!!

Hope you get some sales soon.

Cheers, Wendy