Folksy Ltd

Support a fellow Folksy maker after major surgery for a brain tumour

Not sure if this kind of post is allowed, but could you all support a fellow Folksy Seller and a dear friend Louise at Samfire Handmade, who is recovering from an operation to remove a brain tumour.
She has had to temporarily shut her shop, until she is better, but wants to let her customers know she is still here.
https://folksy.com/shops/Samfire
If you could go and send a message to her Facebook page, I think she would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Wayne

4 Likes

Left a message :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t use Facebook, but want to send my best wishes fr a speedy recovery to Louise @Samfire xxx

1 Like

Message left.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just left a message :bouquet:

1 Like

Not on Facebook but see that she’s on Twitter so will tweet.

1 Like

I don’t use Facebook, but would like you to pass on my get well soon wishes.
Lynn x

1 Like

I left a message too. Wow - how life can suddenly rear up and change things so drastically!!

1 Like

I don’t have a Facebook account, but would like to pass on my best wishes. My husband had surgery to remove a brain tumour eight years ago in July. His was unsuccessful insofar as it couldn’t be removed and he now lives with it. He found the recovery process really tiring so I would urge her to be super kind to herself and take the time that she needs to rest and recuperate.
Ali xxx

1 Like

popped and left my message x

1 Like

I’ve left a message

1 Like

Hi I have only just seen this and all I have to say is thank you all so much. I had such kind messages of support and advice. I was so lucky to have had all my tumour removed and lucky with my recovery. I still tire easily but have learned on those days to take it easy. I won’t go into to much detail but my tumour was a primary one, non cancerous but very big, size of a tennis ball. I am now nearly back to normal and have started to fill my shop up. I am not sure what I have missed but feel free to fill me in. Thank you all again, it is really an honour to be part of such a great community. Thank you Wayne for sharing x

5 Likes

I hope you husband is well Ali. I still have a little one that I will have to live with but it could have been so much worse. I always think it harder for our partners. Without mine I don’t think I would have got though it

1 Like

I’m so pleased you are recovering well and getting back to some degree of normality. I think the tiredness does go on for a while but you do just need to take the time your body needs and be kind to yourself. Your partner sounds like he did a good job! My husband lives with his and to be fair most of the time we forget all about it… just regular scans and some side effects like tinnitus.
Love and hugs
Ali xx

Yes regular check ups for me too. Six month check up I was told I had a beautiful brain so that is good! It seems like a long time ago to me. I am trying to take it is easy but I am so used to being on the go, it is hard but I am learning! Steve was amazing and still is, I am lucky with the people around me. I have a great family, friends, partner and I am lucky to be able to have a job I love!

Get well soon x

Thank you Brenda x

So great to see you back Louise @Samfire ! Wishing you all good from now on.
Hugs
Bee

Took me 10 years of check ups before I got the all clear from my pilocytic astrocytoma (mine had slipped as was in my spinal cord rather than brain) - you know you’ve had a lot of MRIs when you just climb in the machine and have a nap like I did towards the end. Look after yourself and life will get back to normal.
Sasha

Thank you Sasha. I will try and nap next time lol