Tags for November 2021 - find the list here

Here are the homepage themes for November 2021. Thank you for all your suggestions.

If you are taking part in the Folksy Local Christmas Markets, please add the tag ‘folksy local markets’ to any items you would like to highlight over that weekend. Please do not use this tag if you are not taking part in the markets.

The ‘Theme of the Day’ appears every day on the Folksy homepage. To be included in a particular theme…

• add the tag below to your relevant product listing on Folksy (don’t use a # symbol).

• Tags are not case sensitive but you need to make sure you use the exact tag given here.

• Use commas to separate your tags.

• For the ‘My Favourite Piece’ theme, choose your favourite piece on Folksy this month and add the ‘tag one thing only November’ to that listing. Only tag one of your items - if you tag multiple items we may have to remove you from that theme and sadly also ban your items from appearing in future themes.

Please only tag relevant items. If people frequently tag irrelevant items, they may be blocked from appearing in the Theme of the Day.

You can also find the themes and tags on your seller dashboard.

Themes for November 2021
Day Theme Tag for sellers
Mon 1 Nov Personalised Christmas Decorations personalised christmas decoration
Tue 2 Nov Winter winter
Wed 3 Nov Advent Calendars advent calendar
Thu 4 Nov Diwali Festival of Lights fairy lights
Fri 5 Nov Sustainable Christmas sustainable christmas
Sat 6 Nov Secret Santa Ideas secret santa
Sun 7 Nov Hug A Bear Day bear
Mon 8 Nov Gift Sets gift set
Tue 9 Nov Wonderful Wreaths wreath
Wed 10 Nov Christmas Cards christmas card
Thu 11 Nov Remembrance Day poppies
Fri 12 Nov Winter Warmers winter warmer
Sat 13 Nov Christmas Craft Kits craft kit
Sun 14 Nov Stockings stocking
Mon 15 Nov Topaz topaz
Tue 16 Nov My Favourite Piece tag one thing only November
Wed 17 Nov Heirloom Gifts heirloom gift
Thu 18 Nov Christmas Jewellery christmas jewellery
Fri 19 Nov Christmas Table christmas table
Sat 20 Nov Plastic-Free Christmas plastic free christmas
Sun 21 Nov Gifts for Men gifts for men
Mon 22 Nov Gifts Under £20 gifts under £20
Tue 23 Nov Colour Block colourblock
Wed 24 Nov Gift Wrap gift wrap
Thu 25 Nov Stars stars
Fri 26 Nov Squirrels squirrel
Sat 27 Nov Folksy Local Christmas Market folksy local markets
Sun 28 Nov Folksy Local Christmas Market folksy local markets
Mon 29 Nov Bobble Hats bobble hat
Tue 30 Nov St Andrew’s Day tartan

4 Likes

sadly …a repeat of last year where people have added the tag “tartan” to items with no sign of tartan…cheating the system…this is so unfair…unless they have inadvertently been left with this tag and been picked up because the tag was not removed.when it should have been last year… @folksycontent

1 Like

I’ve just had a look at the cards section on Theme of the Day and one card seller has totally dominated the first page with only one of the cards having any tartan!

I’ve just been informed that my shop has been reported for items with the tag “tartan” on them. I didn’t even realise it was there.

On further investigation, I can see that one of my Christmas cards that I listed more than 12 months ago has a tartan design in it and the other listings were created by using “copy listing” from that one, so the tag went on to them without me noticing.

I don’t participate in Theme of the Day, so this is a pure coincidence arising out of an item I listed more than 12 months ago.

I can’t speak for anyone misusing the tag, but I can say that it may not be deliberate, as it wasn’t deliberate in my case.

I thought that might be the case @PoppyKayDesigns …left over from last year?
I know it is difficult sometimes to remember what tags we have used…
I am sure that I have left old tags on some of mine…x

Yes indeed it is and with my volumes of making and uploading I just do a “copy listing” which makes it a lot faster for me. It’s too much overhead to look at the Theme of the Day tags for my volumes so I don’t bother to participate in that. If I do appear in the Theme of the Day it’s just luck! :slight_smile:

I’ve gone through and removed the tag from the cards that don’t have any tartan somewhere in the design, hopefully that will appease the person who reported me.

1 Like

I was actually going to make this observation when people were unhappy about some of the things under the Gifts for £20 and Under. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of times it’s a genuine error from copying a listing. I spotted one of mine the other week - not a theme of the day tag but it could always come up as one in the future. Now I’m being extra conscious to check my tags every time I do a ‘new’ listing.

1 Like