The Apprentice is back!

The Apprentice is starting next week. Two episodes to start with on Tuesday and Wednesday and then to the usual time. 20 candidates this time and some double firings. Oohhh…Who’s watching?? I find some good business advice and ideas in all episodes. The ones with the selling theme are always interesting. I’m looking forward to it.

Love the apprentice, can’t believe the confidence and self belief of some of the participants at such a young age! Don’t think I could ever contemplate doing anything like that. Fun to watch though.

Yeap, they are quite sharp at such a young age. And very brave to be living in the same house for days with people they’ve never met, also competing for the same job. And then they are watched by millions on TV. That is petrifying.

Yes I’ll be watching. My favourite part is the boardroom when they all turn on each other. And then hug the one who is leaving…

1 Like

I love the apprentice, will definitely be watching. Usually watch with my daughter but she’s away at uni, she usually has some good comments.

I have been waiting for this to come on for months! So glad you posted this Minerva as I hadn’t seen it advertised yet :slight_smile:

I watch it, if only to scream at the telly!!! I would never employ any of the candidates on it and I think it is a huge pity that the programme encourages business success should be seen in terms of having to be insincere, back-stabbing and shallow. Yes - you do have to be thick skinned in decision making but it doesn’t mean you have to compromise your morals or humanity to do this. There is too little humility in this world. Mxx

1 Like

I’ve worked in the corporate world and it is not surprising to me to see all that. And as someone said above, at the end it’s all superficial hugs and kisses ‘oh look at me, I’m the bigger person’. I wonder how they get on in the house :open_mouth: I do think, though, some of this might be on purpose for the ratings.

1 Like

Agree ! I’m also looking forward to The Apprentice, but end up quite incredulous at the show-off mentality out there. Oh well, if that’s the way to get on in business, and if it impresses Alan Sugar…then job done! Agree with others posts , that the false hugging at end of the boardroom makes me cringe , then tears in the taxi!! All for entertainment and media ratings eh?

1 Like

One man down, 19 to go. Are you watching ‘The Apprentice: You’re Fired’ afterwards? It’s so funny!
I’m looking forward to tonight’s episode.

1 Like

Brilliant - not sure i would really want to work with or for any of them, but it makes me laugh.

I usually find them all so loathsome I find it hard to find someone to root for! Not seen enough of it this time to know whether there’s anyone there who’s halfway likeable… Is there anything more ridiculous to look at than a woman in a tight skirt and killer heels trying to run (and sometimes push a barrow at the same time)!?

1 Like

I thought the woman with blonde hair who told the others to wear nice make up and a short skirt was a stooge and an actress brought in to throw the real candidates off course. Just couldn’t believe someone like that really exists. But she’s still there so obviously she is genuine…

1 Like

… and did you SEE them all galloping/tottering along in their six inch heels? Hilarious!

1 Like

I love watching this programme, some of it is almost unbelievable.

Heidi @Textiletreasure, I wonder if you’re right… I thought I recognised her when she first came in, and she does seem a bit too silly to be true!..

1 Like

She does seem to have no concept of being filmed - everyone else is clearly consciously trying to present an image whereas she genuinely doesn’t seem to have any self consciousness. I do hope she has been put there to create havoc - but the second episode didn’t seem to back my theory up as she kept a lower profile…

Did you get some ideas about wearable technology in the last episode? I hope you are not including any hidden cameras in your products!! :smiley:

2 Likes

That has to be the most creepy product ever!!

3 Likes

It’s like Robert De Niro says in ‘Meet the Parents’ movie…‘I’m watching you!’

Oh dear…did you hear one guy saying to a retailer ‘privacy is history’ !!! What planet are you living on? I was so pleased when he got corrected.

3 Likes