There is hope for everyone!

Well done! Good to hear something positive.

1 Like

Congratulations. :partying_face:

1 Like

@SilvanaJewellery That is so positive and encouraging, thank you for giving us all such a boost!

1 Like

Congratulaisions! I remember my 100th sale email too, after a very long wait. I was ecstatic for days!
Hope you get to 200 sales sooner than you expect!

1 Like

Wow congratulations
I’m newish so still waiting for my first sale :relaxed:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Wow, that’s brilliant well done. Lovely shop too. You have encouraged me to stick with it. Xx

1 Like

Congratulations and well done for your perseverance! :tada:

1 Like

Well done on this amazing achievement :+1:
Your jewelry is gorgeous :heart:
I’m hopeful I’ll reach that milestone at some point in the future . I’ll keep slogging at it ! It’s not easy and I’m not surprised at lot of people give up coz I have thought about it numerous times !
Keep going everybody
You can do it !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I can’t believe it take 10yrs to get 100 sales! I have been on her for 12 months and not sold a thing. I am not sure if I will carry on trying to sell online. I said if I hadn’t sold anything in the first 12 months I would stop. I will keep going for a while longer though I suppose. It just seems to be lots of work for no reward what so ever! I am going to remove the stuff that is on there and put some new stuff on there next week and see if that works but it I haven’t sold anything by Christmas I am going to give up!

@colourburstjewellery It doesn’t always take that long…some people do very well on here. I have been with Folksy for just over 6 years and have sold over 500 items, but it is a hobby for me and not my main income so I have not pushed as much as I would have if I relied on it for an income. I would suggest you leave the items in your shop and just add to them to give more choice and variety…4 items is not much for people to choose from. Also, how do you promote your shop as I see no links to social media?

3 Likes

I didn’t know how many items I had on here. I used to have quite a few I have just let them expire because they had not sold. I didn’t know I only had 4 items on here. As for social media I have opened up a Facebook account but haven’t do anything with it yet. I am not sure where to start I don’t use social media and personally I am not interested in it but as loads of people are I am going to see if I can get my head around it.

1 Like

Hi there @colourburstjewellery . You will hear time and time again on here that you absolutely have to promote on Social Media, especially to sell on Folksy. I have tried Facebook, pinterest and instagram (personally, I am only aware of 3 items that have sold as a direct result, although you can’t always tell). It takes effort and time, but I think as with most things, you get out of it what you put in. Kim is right, you need more items in your shop. Promote on the forums here too (other Folksiers can help promote your stuff on their social media), and maybe focus on one Social Media platform to start with (a lot of people seem to like Instagram and it’s fairly easy to just add posts once it’s set up). Social Media seems to really work for some people, and not so much for others. I haven’t found the magic answer yet either, but you have to be in it to win it!! I reckon I have made around one sale per month (averaging out, some months there’s nothing) and have been here for a year, so a very slow start but getting there. Keep going, add more stock, and wishing you the very best of luck.:blush:

1 Like

I feel for you regarding social media as I’m just the same ! I totally detest it and I’m hopeless at it but sadly I view it as a necessary evil as most of my sales recently have come via Instagram . Just start slowly . Research it - google it - there’s loads of help & advice out there . Good luck !! X

Congratulations on your milestone! Your jewellery is lovely and you deserve it .I`ve just joined the 100 club too !! Woo Hoo !!!

1 Like

Well done, so lovely to hear x

1 Like

Congratulations :partying_face: your post prompted me to check my sales figure and it would seem I’m only 1 sale away from my century. Like you I prefer craft fairs to online (and seem to sell better face to face) so I’m looking forward to hopefully being able to return to them soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Well done on your 100th sale!

1 Like

I have decided to stop trying to sell online for a while. I have found a few local gifts shops that are interested in selling my jewellery. I think I am more likely to sell the jewellery if people can actually see it in person. I have also put my name down for a couple of really big craft fairs later on the year. Hopefully they will happen this year.

4 Likes

Hi Debbie, I hope it all goes well for you at the fairs etc and wishing you the best of luck.:+1:

1 Like