To the Rescue

We were just about to leave for church this morning when I noticed a dog trying to get into front doors of two of the houses in the close.

I ran down with my dogs lead to find a poor afghan cross dripping wet with bits of undergrowth, brambles, long twigs caught up in her fur.

She look so sad poor girl and happy to see someone. She had a tag with her name and number so got DH to ring it. No answer but we left a message.

With the help of my two of my fellow doggy neighbours we worked out where it belonged took it around and the owners didn’t even come to the door just a young lad in his pj’s who didn’t say a word but looked shocked.

I don’t know if his parent were there just not up or if they were out looking for their dog.

That was at 9.10am this morning you’d think by now the owners would have at least rung us back to say thank you. As we’d left a message on their answer phone.

I hope they do Eileen, poor dog! Glad you were able to rescue it and take it home. Maybe you’ll get a call in the next day or so.

You didn’t need to go to Church after that Eileen! You did all your Christian deeds for the week in one! How wonderful of you! Hugs…Neil and I were only saying this morning after lamenting 2 estate agents not calling back, how simple manners were so lacking. I think ‘Social Graces’ no longer exist. …I remember one of my step sons asking me on one of their first stays, having had a grilling over their table manners ‘Marge, are you Posh?’…I replied ‘No Garath, I am well brought up and that is how you will be by the time I am finished with you!’…thankfully his father smiled! Mx

3 Likes

They phoned in the end last night to say thank you :smile:

Maggie we sneeked in the back door at church as we were a wee bit late.

1 Like

I’m sure The Lord smiled!!! …and glad they phoned! xxx