Today from Folksy small businesses

Continuing the discussion from Folksy 365 Daily Listing and Group Promotion Thread November 2023:

Dorienne
I have just realised what you are doing but only realised when i saw your other post about ‘wrong place and posted on Facebook’.
You appear to be sharing a link to the daily forum topic on your public Facebook page.

I presume you are meaning to select one listing to share it… That is Not what you are doing … you are sharing a link to the daily chit chat of all the Folksy sellers in that topic… including my sponge cake in the fridge which is not really of relevance to your potential customers. :slight_smile:
eg this latest post :

I am sure you do not mean to do this and I really don’t think you should be sharing the forum topics in this way. The forum is a public space but it is intended for Folksy sellers not the general public and certainly not to be promoted outside.
So could I politely suggest you delete all those 5 ‘Today from Folksy small businessess’ from your Facebook page.
This is the link you probably thought you were sharing from today :

It is a direct link to the pendant with a photo and does not include all the rest of the daily forum topic.
If you click the photo in the forum topic it will take you to the listing and it is the url of that listing which you share not the url of the forum topic.

XX

1 Like

Thank you for highlighting that Joy @JOYSofGLASS, hopefully Dorienne will see this and be able to delete the comments.

Dorienne, I find the easiest way to copy a link is when I go on to the item in the persons page, I click on the title in the top search bar and click copy, I use an iPad and can do this by pressing on the search bar for a second or two and it comes up with the option to copy.

I know it’s taking some getting used to and your efforts to share folksy are appreciated,

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know I was clicking the share button . Now I will know in future how to do it

2 Likes