Vero social media platform

Hello, has anyone ever tried the social media platform Vero? Thought I would give it a go.
If you are on Vero, please let me know, it would be good to connect.
Thanks. Jackie

1 Like

Just joined since seeing your post. Lets see what happens🎨

1 Like

I always think its worth a try. Yesterday there was some disturbing news about the owner. Suggest you check out the support artist group post!

1 Like

Thanks for following me :art:

1 Like

I haven’t joined yet, but another artist friend of mine has a new account there (too new to judge if it’s any good for her yet). It seems to be quite well regarded and apparently quite good for artists/ creators. Might give it a go!

3 Likes

There is quite an interesting write up on Vero in Wikipedia that is well worth reading - the pros and cons, and who started it etc.

2 Likes

Yes, I read that. The founder’s links to Putin are a bit disconcerting, especially at the moment. Still pondering the pros and cons of Vero for that reason. But how many successful CEOs of big companies are squeaky clean anyway? Also pondering if I’m too squeaky clean myself - I might be nore successful if I wasn’t.

3 Likes

Haha! Yes wish I could be more cut throat!
I am finding it’s just artists following me.
which is great for connections. So I will be sticking with Instagram, which has slightly improved.

2 Likes

I wasn’t very impressed with the fudgy approach to how they use your data, but then again I don’t use any social media and have no plans to do so, but hadn’t heard of Vero so did a few Googles on them. The only thing I use is Pinterest, which I use more or less as a library of ideas and a scrapbook. But I have found that I do get visits to my Folksy shop from Pinterest, so I’m happy to stay the hermit that I am!

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Judy. I should try more with Pinterest I think. It just takes so much time to do all of this!