Waiting excitedly for 1st sale! were you thrilled or disappointed?

It is so hard waiting for that first sale (I know you’ve all been there). I only opened in December and was closed for a week over Christmas but I’d really like to get my first sale within 4 weeks! Were you thrilled or disappointed with how long it took for your first sale?:grin:

It will take a lot of work to get that first sale. Are you promoting like mad outside of folksy on as many social media sites as possible.

Most don’t get a first sale for 3months.

Your items are lovely btw.

all the best :slight_smile:

Thanks Eileen,
Have to say I am totally rubbish on social media. It’s my big downfall and I’m ashamed!! I have another on-line shop which ticks along nicely and it took 4 weeks for my first sale on there so I have my fingers crossed and hope Valentines day will kick start things on here. :grinning:

Hi Lorraine, I joined Folksy mid October and managed my first sale at the end of December, so hang on in there! There were great celebrations in our house - especially as my first customer bought two items! Like you I am not good with social media but intend to give it a try (sometime soon). I have just checked out the items in your shop, they really are lovely - I’ve ‘favourited’ your shop (well at least I think I have!!!)
I’m sure you will get a sale soon
Di

I celebrate every sale that comes via here or my website, feels great. It takes time though but your products are gorgeous and beautifully photographed xx

You have a beautiful shop, I don’t think it will take long.

Di x

Exciting time! I remember my first Folksy sale went to Holland. I got the postage so wrong, but was still thrilled.

Look forward to my first sale. Just need to upload and promote items. First day today!

Thanks for the encouragement and favourite Di! I have favourited you and your knits too - they are lovely. I have favourited lots of peoples things but am not totally sure how it works or if customers can see peoples favourites?!

Thanks Lucy,
Your shop looks lovely, I love the ring in your banner photo, really beautiful x

Good luck Nina,
I’ll favourite you! It took me ages to list and I still haven’t got everything on there yet x

Lovely shop, lovely items, Lorraine @CaboodleWeddings, so I’m sure you’ll soon get that sale :smile:

Thanks Christine! Hope so. Your shop is lovely, lovely bright photos as well x

I have just completed my first sale, so excited and also so nervous that my customer will love it as much as I do.

I have tinkered with folksy for a while but I really didn’t understand how much work needs to go on in the beginning to get your goodies noticed. Designing and making my items is a breeze, I am now learning a whole new set of skills (and sometimes feel I’m too old for all this).

So my News Years resolutions are to learn to crotchet and put more time and energy into my Folksy shop , I know which one will probably easier!

1 Like

Congratulations! I’ve just had a sneaky peak at your sale and I’m sure your buyer will be thrilled with it, such a cute little foxy! Well done :grinning:

Hi Lorraine

Your first sale here will come. Sometimes it just takes time for your lovely things to be found.
I think it took about 3 months for my first sale, and that was to a family member, but it was still very much appreciated, and it was great to see that first sale on my shop page.

It takes a long time to get the ball rolling, and plenty of patience.
Also required is a lot of promotion which I find takes longer than making items for my shop but you will meet some lovely people along the way, and find your niche.

Wishing you all the best with your shop

Karen :smiley:

Firstly, what a lovely shop! To have such nice photos and presentation is always good, so i’m sure it’ll come very soon :smile:

I think the sale time depends on what you’re selling, mine was only a week or so but I literally stalked the forums talking and participating in everything and got my first sale through here if I remember rightly. For me the problem came after the first one, because you keep waiting for the next!

As I said, i’m sure it won’t be long and you’ll love it when it does, I still love getting that e-mail :wink:

Leanne x x

Thanks Karen,
it does look like a lovely community on here so I’m just going to pop in and out of the forums while I patiently wait!! Your shop is so bright and colourful, it’s lovely x

1 Like

Thanks Leanne, glad you like it! I think you’re right about it depending what you sell and timing. I am mainly weddings but I thought having some Valentines cards might get a few early sales before the wedding season gets into full swing. You have sold a lot, and to get a sale after being open a week or so was pretty amazing. well done you! :grinning:

Lorraine x

Your shop is lovely, with lots of items to choose from and beautiful photography. I’m sure your first sale is just around the corner. Wishing you lots of success in 2016.

Natasha x