Weekly Art Chat w/c 14th July ...... artists and everyone welcome

Hehe it keeps me amused :smiley:

I have been playing with masking fluid and practicing birch trees. I will take pics tomorrow.
Someone also told me about a new online crafting thingy…it doesn’t launch for a month or two and I am sure Folksy wouldn’t mind me sharing as it is not a selling site. As far as I can gather, it is an online uninterrupted channel for demonstrations to watch… here is the link

http://www.britishcraftnetwork.tv/

Jeanie…my face is available for viewing on the thread that says…“the face behind the shop name!”…

Can anyone help Paul from Paul’s Art with this question, he seems to be having trouble finding his way around the forum. I’ve pointed him at this thread but he can’t find it.

Where has everyone gone? Was it something I said? lol

Hello everyone, I haven’t been around here for a while, I’ve been looking through the thread and enjoying the chit chat.

Hello @Louisa15 I’m here, just finishing a cuppa then I’m off to bed.
As for the acrylic retarder question by @paulsart, it’s not something I use all the time but when I do I just get whatever one is available at the time, I’ve used Galeria and Windsor & Newton, I’ve also used one from a local craft shop that I’d never heard of before, they were all ok and done what they said on the tin (bottle) :slight_smile:
Jan x

I’ve had a busy afternoon / evening, my dad came for tea and then we went to the school summer concert. Just home now.

I’ve never bought acrylic retarder, my acrylics (liquitex heavy body and atelier interactive) seem to stay open long enough for me without retarding.

That looks very interesting Brenda, certainly worth a look when it launches.

Waving Jan :slight_smile:

Hi Jan, great to see you on the thread :slight_smile: Thanks for the acrylic info, hopefully Paul will see it.
Waving Stephie

Good Morning Margaret and everyone :smile:

I have an early start today, popping into town as I need a special graduation card for our nephew as its hes special day next week, we can’t go, they have restrictions on seating so parents get first options but we are very proud he got a first and got the job he wanted too :slight_smile:

I also have a seascape to post to Spain and a few errands to run so I’ll catch up with you all later :slight_smile:

I listed Lady caroline here today, she has been online before but as I’m taking part in the daily listing thread and now I have the plus account shes back !!!

http://folksy.com/items/6487415-Lady-Caroline-Retro-Vintage-Fashion-Style-Art-Ornament

1 Like

morning all…raining here in South Wales…time to paint I think…

Lady Caroline is looking as good as ever, let’s hope she finds a home soon.

Morning Brenda, it’s overcast but dry here. I’m hoping for rain this afternoon for the garden, but I need it dry at 12 for the organised walk I’m leading, otherwise I doubt anyone will turn up!

Lovely and sunny here but the garden is wanting water.Hope it’s dry for your walk Margaret.
wiki has info about using glycerine as an acrylic retarder,

that sounds interesting Tessa…mind you, being very often quite damp in Wales, I doubt if I would ever need it :wink:

Hope the walk is going well Margaret, it’s dry here so should be OK your way too.

Here’s my butterfly, dry, salt removed and listed in my shop.

Thanks Margaret … that would be nice, she isn’t happy in the store cupboard :wink:

Hope you had a good walk …

Waving everyone, I’m having another busy day, very hot here and my studio is baking so not getting the heat tools out today, but been very productive, all my errand done and some web work and helped my Dad with a little job at the cemetery which pleased him … and me :slight_smile:

Back later

Hazel

Today’s the first chance I’ve had to paint, catch up on Folksy and list something! So, finally…Hello, everyone!
Here’s a little framed painting I’ve been working on…

Pam :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s so pretty Pam, looks very cute in its frame.

1 Like

Pam that looks amazing in the frame, a perfect choice for the painting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see you here again Pam, I wondered where you had disappeared to! :smile:

That is such a pretty picture and looks great framed!

1 Like

Thanks so much! I don’t know where the weeks have been going to! I have been massively busy, but it’s great to catch up on a bit of painting again!