Monthly Art Chat : November

This is the place to show and chat about all things Art in November …

2 Likes

Good morning everyone, seems I’m first here so I have started the new months’ thread, look forward to seeing all your lovely art this month.

Hazel

2 Likes

Good morning all!
Here’s a new listing from me to welcome in November!

Pam :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning all - new listing from me today

3 Likes

Love the highland cow Pam :smile:

Your sheep and the bike are fab Roz - the bike really sets it off :slight_smile:

I have two new ACEO to photograph properly today - this is a phone pic. Not sure where to list them yet … Poppies and Peonys

2 Likes

Morning all, welcome to November!

Love that highland cow Pam, there are some near where I work, I sometimes see them on my walks.

Lovely rural landscape Roz,very pretty.

Fab poppies Hazel, I love the way you keep coming up with new ways to paint poppies and they always look great!

1 Like

Thank you Margaret … I do love painting lots of different things but when I’m painting Poppies (sunflowers too really) I’m just so at peace, they don’t always go well I have to say, these have silver threads in them and it took a few goes to get what I was after …

Yesterday I had a great day in the studio, finished my commission and emailed a photo which was approved in minutes so they are going next week as we are delivering them in person as its local :slight_smile: And then I painted some miniatures … mostly Poppies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning, white rabbits, happy November! Do you say white rabbits on the first of the month?

Love that cow Pam, he looks very wooly :smile:

Roz your sheep are so cute and I love the bike, what a fab idea, it really sets if off well.

Super poppies Hazel. I know what you mean about some things being relaxing - I find beaches do it for me, hence I have so many beaches in my shops!

I don’t think I missed anyone but waving just in case lol

I’m very excited to show you my new aceos, I bought some new pens on Thursday, the grafix line painters from Derwent. I had to think hard about which of the new ranges of pens to buy and I’m not absolutely sure i got it right - I’ll blog about why when I get a chance. But the results are super excting…just need to get on the main pc to upload the pics!

2 Likes

Thanks for the lovely comments - I’ve only just started doing needle felted pictures again after a bit of a break doing other things. I had this bike in my stash of random craft bits and wondered what I could do with it, I thought it added a nice touch so glad others like it too.
Roz

2 Likes

Thanks Stephie … Looking forward to seeing your new ACEO’s :slight_smile:

Fab needle-felted picture, Roz!
The poppies and peonies are beautiful, Hazel, and look good on the complementing easels, too.
Hi, Margaret!
Looking forward to seeing your new work, Stephie. Your #freeartfriday ACEO looked good, too. Have you ever heard from anyone who picked up one your free art pieces?

Not yet Pam…that’s the most difficult part of it. Placing, photographing and leaving the artwork is fun, but then I feel a bit lost not knowing what has happened to it :confused:

This is one of my new ones, not listed anywhere yet

3 Likes

Thanks Pam

WOW your Owl is great @StephanieGuy I’ve been painting birds recently they are great fun but tricky, you have really captured him, what’s the background black card?

Thanks Hazel (: It’s very dark acrylic paint, mixed on the paper using dark blue, red and dark purple on 240gsm card stock. There are hints of all three in there that sadly don’t show up in the photo.

He’s one of the barn owls that I saw on Thursday in Liverpool. I took so many photos…they move their heads so fast that most of them are looking the wrong way lol.

1 Like

The owl is stunning, Stephie! Incredibly effective on the dark background.

Sounds great, bet it looks amazing in real life.

Afternoon everyone…lovely work on show…Had my usual Saturday lie in …so rushing around right now…
Got my Paint magazine from the SAA and some lovely pics in there by Michele Webber and Judith Farnworth and an offer to members for some watercolour paper which I will get hubby to treat me to.
Back later…

Stunning owl Stephie!

afternoon everyone, your owl is fabulous Stephie!
lovely poppies and peonys Hazel
gorgeous needle felt Roz, very clever
Love the cooow Pam, there are some of those in the field close to our caravan they always look so calm.

I have been busy this afternoon, doing some lino cuts and printing. These are the first batch for Christmas cards

we were at the car boot this morning and hubs found such a bargain, this fab wooden box of Daler Rowney Watercolours (24 x half pan with only a few actually used and 2 missing) and an easel, I got them for £5, just priced up the nearest equivalent and they seem rather expensive at £99! for a similar wooden box with only 15 half pan what a lucky find eh!

7 Likes

Yes a great find Max well done to your hubby :slight_smile: love the cards too I’ve been painting a few myself, just for us to give not for sale …