What are you reading?

I am reading Spellsinger (again!) by Alan Dean Foster, one of my favourite series of books.

1 Like

Iā€™m a Michael Connelly fan and currently reading one of his books in the Harry Bosch series. Think Iā€™ve read everything heā€™s written. Will feel bereft after I finish this one. Wish he could write as quickly as I read LOL!

1 Like

@AquaStudioCrafts I shall look to see if The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild is available on Kindle. Sounds right up my street! Thanks for mentioning it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I decided not to finish Place called Winter, not normally something I like to do, just not my thing.
So the new book is The Last days of Rabbit Hayesā€¦
Then it is my turn to choose, so I am scanning through this thread for inspiration, suggestions please!
Suzzie x

2 Likes

Have you read I let you go by Clare Mackintosh? I see you like The Girl on the Train so you might like that.

Also if you like suspense, Broken Harbour by Tana French is good.

Going to check out your suggestions on the library website, will let you know!
Suzzie x

The last days of Rabbit Hayes, wow what a book

I too am using this thread for inspiration I am just finishing the Outlander series and worry that I have not got another book to start. I am thinking of the Wool trilogy or Spellsinger.

Having followed this thread I decided to get the free sample kindle download of Outlander. I love it ! Iā€™m going to have to get the rest of it and the others in the series. Great escapism!!
Iā€™ve been concentrating on non fiction recently like the Hilary Pullen book and one called Crafting a small business by Joanne Dewberry

1 Like

I have almost finished A period of adjustment by Dirk Bogarde. He was a great novelist, a beautiful writer, and I absolutely love all his books. They are hard to find and many bookshop owners donā€™t even know he wrote novels. Tender, tragic yet also amusing, and very hard to put down. I force myself to only read a chapter or two a day, because I donā€™t want them to end.

I have just finished the first twilight book. Its taken me ages and im not sure I like it.
But Iā€™ll keep reading the series then might give the books to my niece.

I have just started going postal by Terry pratchett one of my favourites as well as Eric.

1 Like

I have just finished reading The Last days of Rabbit Hayesā€¦, WOW!
The next book is My Grandmother sends her regards and apologies, by Fredrik Backman. I loved A man called Ove, so I hope this is going to be as good.
Suzzie x

1 Like

Iā€™m still slogging my way through my Tom Holt collection, but am thinking of re-reading some Anne McCaffrey at least until next month when the last of Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter long earth series comes out :slight_smile: as much as I love re-reading old books I get very exited over a shiny brand new one Iā€™ve never read before :grinning:

I am still on My Grandmother sends her Regards and apologies, In actual fact I have only got to the 2nd chapter! it just hasnā€™t pulled me in like his first novel, BUT I will persevere a little longer, give it more of a chanceā€¦ I will let you know.
How many pages do you give a book before saying ,no more,?
Suzzie x

1 Like

To be honest Suzzie I force myself to read books to the end even when Iā€™m not enjoying them lol just in case something interesting happens further on :grin:

1 Like

I am very impressed with your self discipline Donna.
In my last post I was going to ask if it was okay to make an early afternoon cuppa tea and settle down to a bit of mid afternoon reading! I have just looked at my fabric pile and come to the conclusion that I donā€™t have enough of one fabric to make another braided rug, so I am going to be rather self indulgent and just do it, I will probably fall asleepā€¦my tea will get coldā€¦but what a lovely afternoon I will have had!
Suzzie x

1 Like

Itā€™s not self-discipline Suzzie itā€™s a childish fear of missing out on a good story lol and there is always time for a cup of tea and a little light reading :grin: itā€™s what I have planned for this afternoon, just need to pop to the post first :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m re-reading Jasper Ffordeā€™s Thursday Next series - just finished The Eyre Affair and now started on Lost in a Good Book. Iā€™d forgotten how much fun they were.

I usually give a book around 50 pages (depending on how long it is), I think life is too short to plod through books Iā€™m not enjoying - they just go out to the charity shop and I move on to something else!

I loved A Man Called Ove too last year, and I got his other from the library, but it didnā€™t grab me either so I returned it unfinished! How are you getting on with it now?

Iā€™m reading ā€˜Narrow Dog to Carcassonneā€™ by Terry Darlington and am loving it. Itā€™s a true story about a couple of pensioners and their whippet Jim who sail their canal boat across the English Channel and through Belgium and France to the Mediterranean.

1 Like

Iā€™v just read ā€œThe Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fryā€ by Rachel Joyce. Erica Wagner (The Times) wrote ā€œFrom the moment I met Harold Fry, I didnā€™t want to leave him. Impossible to put downā€.

I read this book as one of the book club I attend monthly reads. I really loved it.