What makes you feel good?

Despite the fact I’m quite cynical about many things- I’m generally quite a happy person.
It’s the simple things that make me feel good. A nice warm day, tidy and pretty surroundings. Going to sit on my bed with a cup of Tea, a dvd and some lit candles. A bit of chocolate, sitting in nice company. I also love waking up on a warm morning to a gentle breeze on my face and my toes.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

My children when they behave, my doggies (especially the puppy! He’s my baby), the sunshine, the forest, the seaside, when I make somebody something and the genuinely like it, flowers and blossom. And yarn… Always yarn… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Buttons and beads organised by colour too, it makes me feel so satisfied to open my storage boxes and see them in their little sections x

2 Likes

Cheese! I forgot to add cheese to my list. Nothing beats a nice baked camembert and toast tips with cranberry sauce! Or cheddar and chutney on crackers! Cheesecake too. I think I’d give up on life if I suddenly became lactose intolerant lol

2 Likes

I know a young lady,well heeled,her father is very wealthy. She baked me a fantastic cake for my 70th last week and drove 50 miles to deliver it, most in her situation probably wouldn’t give me the time of day but she is that sort of person that cares and it makes me feel good to know she exists.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention sitting with a nice cup of tea and a good book, even though I was actually wearing this T-shirt I embroidered for myself when I started this thread lol :expressionless:

and don’t mention cheese! I love cheese!, there isn’t any food that can’t be improved by a huge pile of melted cheese, but I can’t eat it any more because of gall stones :cry: Cheese no longer makes me feel good and I miss it. :cry:
MMMMMMMMM Cheeeeese :grin:

3 Likes

Oh no! Poor you!

1 Like

lol I do give in to cheese every now and then, I am only human after all, and suffer for it for hours afterwards, but it’s ALWAYS worth it :grin:

1 Like