Folksy Ltd

What's wrong with folk?!

(Karen Ellam) #1

Ohhh I’m really annoyed. Some folks should have their cars taken away from them and their keys melted down. I don’t think some drivers have even passed their test.
I only popped into town for a few bits n bobs and on the way home I was cut up at a roundabout which I’d made perfectly clear my intentions. The car had way more people in than seatbelts. Like sardines :wink:
Anyway I stayed in my lane as I refused to be bullied and he overtook me at a crazy speed right across a busy pedestrian crossing, then pulled in front of me, again narrowly missing another car on the next roundabout. He almost took out a set of lights he was going that fast. A car ahead of him was turning right, and he went up the curb to overtake … I was completely shocked by such blatent disregard for others. Where are the police when you really need them?
I hope and pray he doesn’t knock anyone down or cause a serious accident.
Children are coming out of school around now :frowning:

Sorry for moaning I just needed to get that off my chest before getting on with my chores :slight_smile:

Karen

(Louise Grace Jewellery) #2

I know what you mean, there are some crazy drivers out there. I don’t drive and I’m put off trying to learn because of people like that, it’s scary enough being a pedestrian. I was once waiting to cross at the busiest roundabouts in my town which has no pedestrian crossings and has to be crossed to get to my daughters old nursery. No cars were indicating to come along the road off the roundabout I had to cross (while walking with a buggy and a 3 year old) so I started to cross. This guy sped onto the road off the roundabout as I was crossing forcing me to lift my 3 year old and run with the buggy. He then stopped and called me stupid for not looking for traffic despite him not indicating he was coming onto that road. Was I supposed to be psychic?? If my girls weren’t with me I would have had a few choice words for him that’s for sure

(Christine E.) #3

I know how you feel, Karen! So much so that I hardly ever drive now (I live in London so there’s good public transport). Even on foot you can’t get away from the idiots- this morning a driver decided he had to turn round and drove onto the pavement right in front of me.

(Christine E.) #4

The internal combustion engine has ruined the world! Louise Grace, that roundabout sounds deadly! Have you tried complaining to the local council?

(Eileens Craft Studio) #5

Oh my goodness did you get any part of the number plate? so you can pass it on to the police.?

Because I have a very loud and fast sports car I often get idiots who drive up my backside through the 30mph bits. (I think they see fast car and think I should be going a lot faster) I’ve even had them beep me because they want me to exceed the speed limit.

The worst was getting really aggressive beeping his horn shaking his fist driving far far far too close then while a car was coming in the opposite direction he swung out around me to overtake me. Both I and the other driver had to slam on the brakes with me swinging my car onto someone’s driveway entrance to avoid being clipped. Thankfully for myself and the poor driver coming the other way a police car saw the whole thing and went after the idiot driver.

My idiot driver could see the road was rather narrow as well. Personally I think it was a stolen car.

I really don’t get some people they should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car.

(Pauline Hayward) #6

I agree with Eileen, I would have got his number plate and reported him. A similar thing happened to my daughter about a month ago but this also involved a cyclist. Some car cut her up and at the same time the cyclist. The cyclist ended been forced over towards her car and actually putting his fist through her back light.
She ended up putting his bike in her car and took him off to A&E because she felt it was her fault. His hand was bleeding a fair bit.

(Karen Ellam) #7

Its crazy isn’t it.
I don’t let myself get wound up and angry at fools like that when I’m driving. I normally wait until i pull into the driveway and chunter to myself lol.
My husband however would probably have blown a gasket :wink:

Karen

(Christine E.) #8

It’s the other way round with me, Karen. I’m the one who gets really angry and upset and he’s the one that stays calm (that’s why he does most of the driving now- he doesn’t mind)

(Louise Grace Jewellery) #9

It all happened so fast that I never even though to get his number plate, my main thought was to get my kids to safety. There have been complaints for years to have lights put in for pedestrians but so far nothings happened. Budget cuts are the reason that keeps coming up for not making the streets safer.

(Eileens Craft Studio) #10

They never seem to do anything until there are road deaths :frowning:

Thank goodness you and your children manage to avoid injury.

(Diane Burton) #11

I’m like you Louise, bad drivers have put me off learning even though it would be useful for me to be able to do so. I get annoyed enough at bad drivers when I’m in the passenger seat or walking on the footpath.

(Maggie Gee Needlework Studio) #12

Well I’m a Learner Driver (at the age of 44!) and it has been eye opening at how utterly impatient, rood and arrogant people are even when they see you with ‘L’ Plates on…I even had one bloke physically get out of his car and stick his fingers up at me whilst trying to get past me on a single track road. It was steep and it would have been so much easier for him to drop back into a passing place behind him, but instead wanted me, and another car behind me to back up the hill on a blind corner. It all became clear when he decided to retreat, that having taken half the hedge with him, he clearly couldn’t reverse!!..anyway I have since got an in-car camera and MYYYYY!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Lol! RESPECT or What!!!..Astonishing how people react when they suddenly see they are on film!! I think everyone should have one…In your situation Karen, you could have got another witness and handed to footage in to the Police.

(Liz Dyson) #13

I’ve been surprised recently by a couple of people I’ve been in the car with as a passenger. Neither person knew how to approach a roundabout and each and every time when they were turning right, they took the left hand approach lane and went all the way round the outside - how we didn’t cash into someone, I’ve got no idea, but I had to close my eyes each time. I’m also amazed (and was horrified at the time) to see how many roundabouts there are between Whaley Bridge and Ilkeston. Yikes!

I’m taking my daughter to Leeds tomorrow as she’s off to study chemistry at the uni. I’m not that confident when I don’t know where I’m going, so I’m hoping the sat nav actually works this time and that I don’t meet any of those nasty people you’ve all be talking about. Wish me luck.

Liz
x

(Eileens Craft Studio) #14

yikes Liz did you say any thing like oh you need the right hand lane at this roundabout.

I know I would as I would not feel safe.

I once had to ask my FiL to pull over and let me out due to his bad driving we didn’t realize how bad his eyes had got. He was fine again once he’d had his eye operation and new glasses.

I hope you have a un a eventful journey with your daughter and have a lovely mother and daughter time.

(Denise Milward) #15

We have a young driver as part of our current family and our oft-yelled advice as he goes for his driving lesson is “Expect to meet plenty of idiot drivers who have no regard for any other road user.” Courteous/informing with indicators drivers seem to be a dying breed!

(Maggie Gee Needlework Studio) #16

You should live on the Isle of Wight!!! Roundabouts are an Arcane Art to most! Lol! x