Who else loves Octopuses

Hello, recently I decided to paint an Octopus. It seems I am now officially obsessed with them. I have joined a appreciation society on FB :rofl:

I have painted 3 Octopuses so far and need 1 more so I can create a set of Coasters.

Can someone please tell me I am not alone :rofl:

8 Likes

Octopus Chalkboard
A matt black chalkboard ideal for hanging in the kitchen of childs bedroom for jotting down a shopping list, reminders or messages. The board is made from birch ply and coated in matt blackboard paint, simple wipe clean with a damp cloth. The board is designed to be wall hung on a thick rope and is supplied with wall fixings and chalk stick.
Dimensions 370 w x 320 ht x 12mm thk.
This item is made to order and would be despatched in 5 to 7 days.

6 Likes

@JopalianStudio that’s a wonderful idea! You should share it in the octopus appreciation society on FB

Love them too. I was blown away when I saw them when diving in Curaçao where we were living many moons ago

2 Likes

Wow! I have never seen one before. I love the idea of these magical creatures in the oceans wandering about carrying coconut shells as weapons :rofl::octopus:

2 Likes

I do like a good octopus! The Romans used to show lots of marine creatures in their fantastic mosaics, sea creatures especially the octopus are so interesting. Great choice and lovely painting Siobhan.

3 Likes

They are super quick but if they live in a safe environment they will come out to play.

3 Likes

@Fififoxi thank you :octopus::octopus: my daughter painted one the other day. She is only 8. I love how free children are with their art and use of colours. Without a care in the world :grin:

1 Like

Who loves Octopuses.Well we do. Apparently it has been proved by scientists that they are super brainy.Well we designed a crochet pattern for them and took photos of them on our beloved Exmouth sandy beach
Caused quite a stir we can tell you.
Warning.They are a bit addictive once you start making them.Dont say we didn’t tell you.
So lets hear it for the Octopus

5 Likes

Anyone else fallen in love with Katsu the mechanical octopus from The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley?

1 Like

I will have to Google that, I am sure I probably will fall head over heels :heart_eyes::octopus:

@Oldtoyknittingshop that is a wonderful Octopus indeed!!

Hello, @Oldtoyknittingshop I bought your pattern!!! Trying to crochet it at the moment :octopus::octopus: I will be giving it to my little boy who loves to fidget with strings…so to stop him choking me with my hoodie strings :rofl: I am trying your Octopus pattern xx

5 Likes

Hello Siobhan
Sounds like the perfect solution.Hope he loves it
Suz xxxx

2 Likes

My cats go mad for these. Also selling individually.

5 Likes

I love octopuses… this one is guarding chocolate :chocolate_bar: :yum:

4 Likes

I’ve never made anything Octopus related but they are amazing creatures. My son managed to get 3 photos of one on a holiday in Mallorca a few years back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, I have never seen an Octopus before. That looks amazing. I am busy getting ready for my craft fair this weekend. I hope my Octopus crafts do well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@laurastrong that is indeed a cheeky octopus :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have finally listed all four of my Octopuses. These are really cute as a Coaster Set

2 Likes