Win one of my ceramic birds!

I think I like the grey better, it complement the blue in the bird’s head… But my favorite is the one in hands xx

So far on face book the grey is winning! I will tell you my point of view and why I wanted to know when the competition is over! Keep the comments coming and if you can like on fb please do. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi, I like the grey, too, though the pics with two hands look great as well. Your little birds really are delightful (golly, I sound like Greg from Masterchef!)

Liz
x

1 Like

Hello again! Interesting… today I see the link to your shop (sure it was there before? - I guess it was, but it wasn’t visible; how bizarre).

Hi, love the birds…we have many kinds here plus jay’s, jackdaws, and buzzards overhead but we don’t have wren’s, I have only ever seen one here in 34 years…it was so beautiful!!!
To answer the question, I think the grey one makes the colours stand out better…
Sue

1 Like

Where are you that no wrens? We have red kites, buzzards, swallows nesting - mind the cats as you fly over the roof! - and all the birds I make and some. Wrens are beautiful.

But, wrens are so shy and secretive. We know that there are wrens here, but we rarely see them in the garden. The weather must be very cold for them to venture out into view… I’m sure they live nearby, but we don’t know where.
It could be that @bramleycards Susan has wrens - even in her garden - but just doesn’t see them.
I also think that the wrens round here prefer to live in thicker shrubs and in the woodland, so maybe they are hiding where the gardens have more wild or woodland areas.

Lizzie

@LizzieMade I am in The Cotswolds and we are quite high above sea level here. In the warmer valley my friend has lots of Wrens, you could be right there are some around but I haven’t seen them. We are a small village, surrounded by fields and woodland. We have had our first red kites overhead this year, and we have swarms of greenfinches, goldfinches, chaffinches that fly every day and land on the trees and bushes beside the roads, very noisy!! It is always full of bird song here, take it for granted!!! Luckily we have adopted a 10 year old cat now that was a stray in the town and can’t be bothered, she doesn’t take any notice of them!!

1 Like

Yes I think it takes abit of watching and a nice bit of hedge outside the window to spot a wren, we’re up a small welsh mountain here but still see them and hear them.

I would like to promote these unusual Murano glass earrings

Polli x

@muranomagic

Hi Polli,

there are promotion posts active just now, where your item would get more attention - a better place to post, than in the middle of this discussion perhaps - especially as this is really a thread about @stonewarebirds research and her offer of a present from her own stock, to one of those responding to her research.

And guys, I guess we should end our birdie chat - or take it to “Fancy a Cuppa”? It’s not so relevant to @stonewarebirds original post…

Lizzie
x

Here is @stonewarebirds Wren - it’s just so gorgeous!

Wren, by Stonewarebirds

1 Like

Just had a look at your shop Mecki, really love the redish glazes on some of the bowls, do you do cups that shape and colour? As a fellow ceramicist your opinion counts big! :slight_smile:

@mecki I am new to this shoppy, forummy, folksy biz - so I’m not sure you got the above comment? My question about the cups is a genuine enquiry.

Sorry about the slow response. I mix all my glazes including the red which is quite fickle in the kiln. Also it looks better on white rather than buff clay. Do you mix your own?
Mecki

I didn’t know you could buy ready buy mixed glazes - (should we be moving this to direct messaging or cafe or whatever? But I don’t know how?) - I mix a Rhodes White as the glaze for my birds with primary powdered colours plus cobalt oxide etc - I’m never sure what they’re called - for the painting on top, I mix those colours together to get the colour I want more precisely. Oh and I also have a recipe for the barium glaze that goes on the blue tits and great tits.

If you made cone shaped cups with that red I’d be interested in buying a couple, but I know it’s annoying when people ask you to do something different because there’s usually a good reason why you don’t already do it!

Quick update on the competition - across facebook and here I now have 45 votes in total so 5 more and I will draw the winner. I will try videoing this and posting on my fb page. Grey is winning 32 likes to 13 for white! Anymore votes please… :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the winner is …https://www.facebook.com/pages/Palser/154602671400764

1 Like