Your feedback on our 'How to be seen in search results' webinar

Hi everyone. We would be really grateful for your feedback on our latest webinar on “How to be seen in search results”. Did you find it useful?

If you couldn’t join live, it’s now available for Folksy Plus members to watch in your own time. You’ll find the link to the recording and password on your Folksy Plus page - https://folksy.com/dashboard/plus-account/events

Following on from this, we’re also going to run a related workshop (also for Plus members) at 11am on Wednesday 5th June, which will be an informal, interactive session where you can come along and ask the Folksy team and other sellers for ideas on how you can improve your listings. Hopefully that will be super useful and practical too.

7 Likes

Where’s the passcode?

1 Like

If you click the ‘view event’ button, the passcode is in green on the pop-up. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

1 Like

It doesn’t work

1 Like

I’ve just changed to Firefox it works OK with that but not with Google.

1 Like

That’s so strange. It works on my Google Chrome. Sorry about that @VioletFlameGlassArt and thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Comes up for me on Chrome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Joy. Could you let us know what version of Google Chrome you’re using @VioletFlameGlassArt as we can’t replicate that error?

1 Like

@ Kim I think it might be my settings. I’m looking into it.

BTW, regarding using caps in tags not mattering, I’ve found it does for themes of the day. When one of my listings was not showing up on TOTD, I checked the tags and I’d used caps for the first letter of each word. When I changed that to lowercase I got listed.

1 Like

Cannot get in keeps going round in a loop with the robot check. Tried 8 times now and fed up with picking cars, motorbikes and stairs. Given up now.

2 Likes

Got in straight away with Firefox must not like Safari

2 Likes

I’ve just watched the recording which was really useful and informative…and definitely added value to previous workshops as the info shared is relevant and updated.
I’d also love to see some of the workshops at a different time - maybe some early evening events - as I’m always working when the live events happen, although I do appreciate that one size never fits all.
Looking forward to a workshop in June around improving product listings and (nervously offers) happy to be a guinea pig :face_with_peeking_eye: Ax

5 Likes

This was really comprehensive and helpful, thank you for taking the time to put it together for us.
You’re also very fair to all your sellers wanting everyone to have a chance at ranking highly in popular searches without having to pay extra to advertise listings.

4 Likes

I’ve always found Safari to be very picky on a lot of things - I’ve switched to using Chrome & have a lot less issues!

2 Likes

I found it useful regarding the fact that words in title need replicating in the description and order in tags is important. I changed the way I wrote my next listing so I am learning all the time. Jan

2 Likes

Hi, I found this to be very useful and have made a few notes. Especially placing the most important tags first and also that relisting doesn’t effect where you are found in search. Many thanks x

3 Likes

Thank you for the webinar, just watched it on catch-up and it was very useful. The biggest a-ha moment for me was that keywords in the Folksy categories had such a big role in search (second only to the title, I recall). I’ve updated a few of my category selections as a result.

4 Likes

Which might be a good reason for a tidy up and renaming probably? A quick example, in the cards, there is the subcategory “everything else”, which nobody will use as a search keyword. People will look for “many occasions” or “various occasions”, not for “cards for everything else”. Or I would think so. But if the categories have such an important role, then they should be named accordingly?

5 Likes

I struggle with this too, most of my items end up in an ‘everything else’ category or I have to call them ‘utensils’ (which they aren’t really) or ‘unique kitchenwares’ (which I can’t see anyone ever using as a search term)…

2 Likes

Some of my items are pregnancy announcements or gender reveal, and I notice there are quite a few items that fall into this sort of catagory but there isn’t one for this - they end up in the everything else pot.

Would be good to have a specific category for these