Getting high in the search results - What counts?

Hi all
I could use some advice.
My PLUS account just expired.
I was thinking I’d take my time renewing it as I have just fully restocked anyway, BUT

Is there any value in renewing more often than you need to to get at the top of the search results? I remember that used to be the case on Etsy but not so more anymore since they changed to relevancy over newness.

Folksy’s search criteria still baffles me a bit tbh and besides taking care to use the right keywords in the title and descriptions I’m not sure what to play on.
When I click on the Jewellery category from the front page it seems to just display the most recent listings first - so can I kiss my sales goodbye if I don’t renew on a daily basis?

1 Like

I guess it depends on if your customer is using the search box with specific words or if they are browsing the category in general. I think sales come both ways.
If your customers are coming via Facebook or twitter etc then it should make no difference where you are in the listings.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, I would be interested to know the stats on visitor searching vs browsing through categories. If they’re roughly the same or differ much.

If you don’t have a plus account then you are definitely at a disadvantage when it comes to catching the eye of customers browsing the categories. But it’s hard to tell how important that really is. My guess is not very! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys.
I guess relevant keywords are the most important and as you say Deborah - links from outside into your shop. I’ll see how it goes for now.
I definitely don’t want to stop selling on Folksy.

I do relist a few listings every few days but I can’t say whether it gets me more viewings or not. I just do it to maximize my chances!
Regards all
Carol

1 Like

Who knows? SEO is a Dark Art on Folksy.

2 Likes

I have a plus account and relist a few cards every day. This used to ensure a few views on the relisted items. I have noticed however that some days I am getting fewer views on those items. I wonder if as the serach function has improved customers are using it more. Cards is such a huge catagory that running through the listings must be frustrating. Most of my customers tell me they have searched using keywords,
Emma

Oh that’s interesting, Emma.
In a lot of categories there are loads like that, so I could see why buyers would want to try and search more specifically. If they have something particular in mind that it.
It’s probably more difficult for people just looking for a present.