Your non Folksy items

Thanks for your nice comments , I have made 2 ukes and plan to make more, here is one.

Paul

4 Likes

Not an amateur are you,that’s for sure,lovely instrument.

Thanks, well I have been in the furniture making trade 50+years so things really ought to be coming together now.

1 Like

I suppose you have to use reclaimed wood,its expensive and not too god now as regards new timber,I think vacuum dried is the worst of the lot,it sucks out all of the resin that would normally bond the grain together, you land up with long bits of cotton wool that dents rather than cut cleanly,as you would know it used to stand in sets for 2years to season,not anymore.

Yes , I have a large shed full of reclaimed wood,people who know me bring their unwanted furniture if they think I could use it, I must admit I haven’t bought any wood for a long time. An age old yew tree in the grounds of a local closed down pub which was used as a courtroom in the late 18th century was felled last year,the tree was allegedly the hanging tree, I retrieved some of it before it went on the logburners and I am making a chess set from it.

Paul

1 Like

Carefull of the Yew dust though Paul,the old bow makers used to suffer badly from Yew dust,respirators all round I think,but this you know already I guess.
Should make lovely pieces though.

1 Like

I Have loads of things I make that have not been in my shop things I make for craft forum exchanges, gifts and things to use for myself.
Some embroidery cards I designed and made a few years ago

Knitted teddies and a crochet teddy I made for friends

My painting on china/glass I use this cup and saucer every now and then
a

And there’s so much more too much to put here

2 Likes

We all have those times when we are just too tired to do our usual thing,we would just ruin something. On the other hand we are too restless to do nothing.
Here is my pet rock,trying to hide under a bigger rock.

5 Likes

Eileens craft studio, you don’t list these,why not? I would fav a few.

@aldensallsorts The cards have been sent out so I no longer have them, the teddies were for friends one for a friend who went back to uni and the crochet blue one went to the Netherlands.but the cup and saucer I painted for myself.

I will one day make some more embroidered Christmas cards, not sure about the painting as I’m afraid to send them via the post in case a customer ends up with broken bits and I have to refund them.

I see your point,I don’t frame my watercolours because the glass is a nightmare to ship.

1 Like

Here’s an example of my bigger fused glass wall art pieces … ‘Reflection II’ inspired by sunset on River Wharf Yorshire.

4 Likes

I think you have captured the theme spot on.

1 Like

A painting of a kingfisher i did in watercolours.

3 Likes

That is in dire need of listing,unless you want to keep it for yourself.Great,even down to the lichen on the twig,love those little details.

1 Like

I’ve dabbled…a lot! I started with jewellery, then moved onto needle felting, which I still love and then made Waldorf dolls all before settling on papercrafts which I love x

1 Like

I seldom make lenghty comments about peoples work but I see talent here.Two things to do,write a bio and then paint more and list what you have done.
I like the light on the birds head,the eye is great, colours,proportions and posture are all good,as I said before the lichen on the twig shows you have an eye for detail.
Do not waste what you have and regret it,go forth and buy some winsor and newton or daler rowney artists grade paint,you will get many paintings from a 5ml tube or a half pan.Get a couple of winsor and newton series 7 sable brushes in small sizes for small detail,you are going to be good at that,I know you are.If you can’t run to artists grade then cotman or aquafine are good as are sceptre gold or cotman brushes,hotpressed paper is best for what you are good at,it has a smooth surface.
You would be amazed at what these items can do for you,get a few good materials and you will astound yourself as to what you can turn out.

1 Like

Perhaps you should list them,you make some lovely things and they would make another attractive string for your bow.

Thank you, I never had any success with my jewellery and the Waldorf dolls take hours to make and I just don’t have the time any more. I might introduce my needle felting in the future though x

I love trying out different things , I make non jewellery presents for friends and family.

driftwood and copper hare

Papier mache clocks, made lots of different shapes of these.

2 Likes